Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird OD and battery issue

Hi,

Started the car up to drive to work this morning, and noticed that a.) the battery warning light was on, though the electrical system seemed fine, and b.) the O/D OFF (odometer off?) light was flashing.

Also, the car seemed to be handling a tiny bit sluggishly-- I got it to the pike and got up to 75 OK, but initial acceleration felt a bit slow, like I had to gun it to get it moving. I'm used to it picking up quicker than that.

Anyone got any insight? I just had the alternator and alternator belt replaced, could that have something to do with it?

The battery light comes on when its not charging,possibly the new alt is no good?
    O/D light flashing means there is a tranny problem ,there will be a code stored to help point out the problem.
    This all makes we wonder if your car is not charging and running on battery voltage which gets lower as you drive and when it gets too low will make the computers do strange things.
    First thing is make sure its charging ,second see if the trans problem comes back then get the code for it.
    Powered by ACME

Comment

the battery light is most likly relted to the alternator being replaced. Is the belt tight enough?
      The O/D thats overdrive. Don't know why it would be off unless you turned it off. Were you able to turn it back on with the button on the side of the gear selector?
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Whoops, I misread the instrument panel. The warning lamp isn't the battery one, it's the generic 'MALFUNCTION' one in the lower right corner. And yep, it is overdrive, and it appears to be stuck in OFF mode. I'm thinking it's a transmission problem... what do you guys think?

At any rate, it's driveable, but with overdrive stuck off the engine is louder, the pickup is weaker, the fuel economy (at high speeds) isn't as good, and the steering is heavier, so I'm going to have it looked at this week.

Comment

Working...
        X