Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing O/D Light!! Help PLease

Ok I apologize for the long post.

OK so I have searched all the transmission threads and have found nothing. There is one thread I found a little down the page that has the same problem but with no awnsers.

I was driving the car yesterday and when I would let off the gas I would notice, what felt like, the transmission dropping gears really quickly. I did not think anything of it really.

This morning the car died as soon as I got to a light. While driving to work I was going about 60mph and I let off the gas and the car felt like it dropped a gear or two and got really loud and then I pressed the throttle back down and everything seemed back to normal. Got off the off ramp and it did the same thing again. I got to my work places parking lot and the died again.

Leaving work is a lot worst. I started it up and it did its normal squealing and was driving normal. GOt on the same road going about 60mph and let off the gas again and then the car felt like it dropped down 2 gears and jerked forward. Then all of a sudden the O/D light started flashing. If I went under 60 it would drop a gear. So when I got to a normal road I pulled over and put it in nuetral. Then I put it into 1 and drove off. The O/D light went off. I put it into drive and drove it.

The car is a 95 Protege DX. Im not sure when the last transmission flush was done. When I pull the trans dipstick out the fluid still looks red and normal.

ANyone have any ideas on what it could be and how much it would cost to fix it? The car is really not worth putting a lot of money into thats why I ask.

Thanks for anyones help.
    **SOLD**
    Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Working...
X