Crank sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crank sensor

I have a new to me 95 Protege, it is giving me a P0335 code, but I can't find the crank sensor or the wiring for it. will this thing run without this sensor?

Piss poor if it will.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

The ckp sensor should be close to the crank pulley - for a 95 Bp the wire colors could be Green and Blue and an additional Black/Light Green for shield.
      And kitty is right - ckp helps the ecu figure out when to send spark/fuel.

Comment

Ok the car seems to run good, but I can't see a sensor anywhere near the crank pulley, or any wires for that matter, could it be placed anywhere else?

Comment

Wait a minute, who says he has a BP? As is most likely the case, he has a Z5. I recall seeing that guy that sells engines on ebay stating that if your Protege is a 97 or 98 that all you have to do is take the Crank Position Sensor off your blown engine and put it on the one he sends you. He states, that if your Protege is a 95 or 96 then you will not have one to begin with anyway. Does this sound right?

Comment

if its giving him P0335 he has a crank position sensor.

The crap 95/96 z5 I bought had the tooth crank pulley thing to have a crank position sensor. So lets just say it has a crank postion sensor.

The plug is right by the oil dip stick. follow it to the crank pully/oil pan.
            Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

it has a crank tooth pulley thing, but no wires on that end of motor.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
                it has a crank tooth pulley thing, but no wires on that end of motor.
                Maybe thats why you are getting that code - run down the previous owner and see if they did any "mods".....

Comment

does it have a plug that empty near the timing cover?

*shameless plug* I have spare cranks position sensors.
                  Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

no nothing

Comment

Do you have any random wires coming out of the fuel rail harness then?
                      Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

yea, I found it, the wiring anyway, nothing attached to the end of it.

Comment

Well to explain, this car has sat for over 2 yrs. I got it for $200 and it runs, so I guess sometime over that 2 yrs someone must have needed the sensor.

Comment

20 shipped for one from me. I'll throw in an opposite pig tail if you want too.
                            Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                              20 shipped for one from me. I'll throw in an opposite pig tail if you want too.
                              What is an opposite pig tail?

Comment

Working...
                              X