No announcement yet.

Gathering Interest: Headers, Turbo, Catback, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i read an article in a muscle car mag about how a brief bottleneck then wide open exhaust may actually produce more power.. i'll have to find it again to get the details but it was interesting.. also wouldn't a true dual exhaust require splitting at the headers?
    In the Garage
    Black 93 MX-3 GS
    Bp powered
    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Originally posted by protegeboy78
      i read an article in a muscle car mag about how a brief bottleneck then wide open exhaust may actually produce more power.. i'll have to find it again to get the details but it was interesting.. also wouldn't a true dual exhaust require splitting at the headers?
      True dual exhaust on an inline four engine would require 2 exhaust manifolds, 2 downpipes, 2 cats, 2 mufflers etc.........
      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by protegeboy78
        Yes, and it would also require all the things that Midnight said too.
        A TRUE dual is pointless on a 4-cyl engine (and small 6cyl for that matter too). The added weight of 2 cats, 2 headers, etc, etc, is just too much for having little hp. Plus, if there even was any, all gains would be loss due to weight.
        The dual being developed is strictly a show piece. You will get the normal gains that a regular cat-back is gonna give (as it is essentially the SAME cat-back as the single muffler), but, you get the look and sound of dual.
        This is not a piece that people who are 100% into speed should get. Those guys should just get the single exhaust.
        For me, I want the extra little hp I get from a proffessionaly built cat-back, but, with that extra show appeal...even if the extra weight DOES cost me a horse or two...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Working...
        X