No announcement yet.

upgrade questions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

something about the cam gear for the Z5...

there is only one cam gear offered, and it is for the intake cam...
    the exhaust cam does not have a sprocket that is driven by the timing belt

the exhaust cam spins from a chain thats attached to the intake cam, INSIDE the head

so really, if you bought the cam gear for the intake, and tried to say.. .advance it 2 degrees... you would also be advancing the exhaust cam 2 degrees...
    the bp's and hondas have 2 seperate cam sprockets which make tuning them much easier

i wouldnt say you'd get any performance worth anything from the 1.5L cam gear, mainly because you dont have much adjustments...
    you could either advance both cams, or retard both cams
    i dont see how that could improve performance that much, and it would require a fair amount of dyno tuning to squeeze out whatever power you could out of them

this is my opinion tho, i dont know of anyone who has actually tested those cam gears so they may work well... they look like nice pieces but i dont think they will be of much benefit on the 1.5

if i someone here knows more about tuning cam gears, what degrees of advance or retard does what.. to what cam...
    maybe you could shed some insight here...

what would the result be to advancing or retarding both cams the exact same increment?

Comment

Working...
    X