Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need assistance from experts - 96 Protege parts

Hi all,l

I currently have a 1996 Protege LX with the 1.8 motor 5 speed tranny in it. Theres an opportunity to buy another 1996 protege with a 1.5 motor and 5 speed tranny in it possibly for a parts car. Will the parts interchange between the two cars? As far a wheel hubs, brakes etc. I understand that the motor parts won't be interchangeable but would the other vehicle parts be interchangeable? Should I pick it up for a parts car or just get my used parts at the junk yard. I should be able to get the car for a couple hundred bucks. Thoughts guys? Any information is greatly appreciated!!

LX with a 1.8 from the factory, I thought only the ES's had the BP.
    Last edited by superscort93; 05-10-2009, 06:33 PM.
    This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

I don't know if its because its a Canadian car, but it does have the 1.8 BP DOHC motor and its stock and has never been swapped out. It has the LX sticker on the quarter panels so I can only assume it is an LX. Are there any other distinguisheable differences between the LX and the ES that I could decifer the difference in the two models? It has the sway bar as well. Back to the origional question, is it a good car for a parts car or should I stay away from it as it might be to different than mine? Thanks again.

Comment

The engine and a rear sway bar were the only two things that I know of, other second geners may know more. But being a Canadian model, it may be different up there, anyone else?
        This is my BP. There are many like it but this one is mine. My BP is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my BP is useless. Without my BP I am useless. I must drive my BP true. I must drive straighter than my enemy, who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me.

Comment

the tranny is the same;
          where in canada u from man?
          | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

London, Ontario

Comment

you got a pm cheif!
              | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Hey guys! I'm new to the protege world. all i really need to know is what 5 speeds will bolt up to a 2000 protege dx with a 1.6 DOHC. My friend blew his up and needs to find a good "pick and pull" trans. Please help... Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X