another motor swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another motor swap question

I know I should just research but I have not time at the moment. I have an opportunity to get a 1998 kia sephia cheap. does that have the same bp motor, g-series tranny, and wire harness that the 94's come with to do the swap on my 1998 protege z5? thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Junkyard_Mazda; 05-14-2010, 12:46 PM.

I'm about 95% sure only the 94-97 sephias have the bp. Totally different motor from 98+
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yep the 98+ is a BP Knock-off whole different motor...

94 Pro LX- 3-hole. Familia seats, Infini Corners, Familia Grille, Familia Rear Garnish w/Rear fogs EDM Glass headlights,
      MSP Mazdaspeed Muffler,Mazdaspeed front strut bar,'00 Pro ES wheels, Neuspeed Springs,GR2s, MX3 wheel, MX3 Tall armrest

Comment

turpro and cayman are correct .. i see lots of kia's at the shop and have popped a few hoods open to satisfy my own curiosity...

Comment

Thanks fellaz. I appreciate the responses.

Comment

Working...
          X