Okay let's start with

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay let's start with

Okay let's start with setting the idle stop screw. How to measure where the throttle plate should be when closed. Anyone know?

Friend brought over a '97 with 1.5L. It idled bad. I told him I would take a look. Check light was on and i think 0505 and 1170 and some other...

I notice the IAC is buzzing in 90 degree weather. My question is what energizes it? I was under the impression that it should only be on when cold. Related to this is the fact that the idle stop screw has been messed with. I found it loose, and the nut laying on the shock tower ( thank goodness). Oh, and I hear some pinging or spark knock when under load.

I have a cheap actron scanner to speed up diagnosis, but it does not read sensor voltage. For example, the TPS is in percent. So I guess I will have to do some math to figure out what the FSM is saying. My 96 has a 10% value at closed throttle. Is that correct?

Fuel trims are +25 at idle or so, not good. They level off for a second at accelerationm then right back to 25 . 02 is sometimes flat-lining. I will wait to mess with that.

thanks

Last edited by grey1; 06-02-2010, 07:01 AM.
Working...
X