No announcement yet.

JDM vs. USDM 1.5L engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wowww i had a good job for bumping this stupid 4 year old thread and yet no one can even answer my questionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

soo..can you just swap out the usdm for a jdm without any major component swaps?

Plans for the car: fix alignment, 16" rims (maybe), fix front end, fix trunk, new shocks, etc.

Comment

a JDM what? z5? why dont you just swap the bp from america-its bound to cost less, because its in america....that was mentioned in the thread.
      Originally posted by Kitty
      3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics
      Originally posted by almighty4wd
      .......Dude. You own an ECONOBOX. It is not a racecar....

Comment

Originally posted by brokedwnprotege View Post
        wowww i had a good job for bumping this stupid 4 year old thread and yet no one can even answer my questionnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!

soo..can you just swap out the usdm for a jdm without any major component swaps?
        wow i had a good job for bumping this stupid 4 year old thread...

wow i had a good job for bumping this stupid 4 year old thread...

*head explodes*
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

nah..i already found the engine online and it was less than 400 including the shipping. getting a bp was way out my price range since the job i had paid very litte. everything is bp this bp that on this forum. i just need my car to get from point a to b. i got school coming up soon and work is hard to find when you don't have a ride to get there.

Plans for the car: fix alignment, 16" rims (maybe), fix front end, fix trunk, new shocks, etc.

Comment

You can get a BP for around 400-600 on Car-part.com.
            1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

ehh..i already have the engine. LOL why do you guys think i keep asking the same question?

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                You can get a BP for around 400-600 on Car-part.com.
                i looked on there a while ago before i got my engine the only bp i found was for 750

Comment

The idle **** is different IIRC, Just swap the intake manifolds and drop the bish in
                  Last edited by wheresthericego; 12-14-2008, 09:36 PM.
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                  |.....Overnight....................| ||
                  |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                  "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                  Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

what's an IIRC? not up to speed on everything yet. does the intake manifold have to be swapped out or can it stay? just wondering how much of a difference each has while engine's running.

Comment

IIRC= If I remember corrrectly
                      1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                        IIRC= If I remember corrrectly
                        hahahaha wow i feel slow

Comment

Working...
                        X