No announcement yet.

1995 Protege 1.5l Turbo setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont see why not. Are these particular trannies fragile?
    -Greg...performance fabricator

-'10 Yaris all door- DD, gas sipper
    -'97 Tercel turbo, track car
    -'95 Protege, GFs DD and toy

Comment

Most all Mazda trans are made of glass.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
        Most all Mazda trans are made of glass.
        he's got a 95, he's fine. after that year they started using hardened plexi.
        | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Ga but he has a 1.5. Those aren't like the KIA transmissions right? I actually have a 95 pro es trans with axles sitting in the corner of my garage.

Comment

Well i will find out this fall when i build the turbo. Just going very mild to increase mid range torque

Comment

I think the '95 ES was the last Protege model to use a G-series transmission (except for MP3 and Mazdaspeed? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please). I think the 1.5L used an F-series as well as the rest of the BH models (except '95 ES?).

The Kia transmission is a G-series, but it's a tad bit stronger than the Mazda version from what I've read on the forums. I actually have a Kia trans in the shed waiting for swap time to come around.
              Last edited by irishkev90; 05-25-2012, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Kia transmissions swap into these cars and thats an upgrade? Wth...

Comment

It's in the "Junkyard Upgrade" thread, but I forget which forum it's in.

Comment

Well i got the turbo in yesterday. In the coming months ill begin tackling this project little by little. Im using a Bosch bov for simplicity and i already have it. I have an old 2-bolt Tial WG from another build that im going to try to use. Intercooler...well the ones i have floating around are kind of big...i dont have a set plan for how im going to do that yet. I need to get yhe manifold flange made now

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                      I think the '95 ES was the last Protege model to use a G-series transmission (except for MP3 and Mazdaspeed? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please). I think the 1.5L used an F-series as well as the rest of the BH models (except '95 ES?).
                      I know this is a bit late. I'm pretty sure all third gens had the G series not just the MSP and MP3, but yeah, the 95 ES was the only second gen to have it. At least in North America anyway. Over seas might have been different. Like Edwin said many years ago, "the second gen is the bastard child of the Proteges".
                      Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                      BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                      Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Working...
                      X