Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited-slip differential for F25M-R

Hello.

My name is Toni and I'm from germany, so please be patient with my perhabs horrible english.

I'm driving a tuned BP DOHC n/a engine with 160hp in my 1995 mazda 323 coupe. My tranny is a F25M-R from the B3 (with 4.388 ring gear ratio) and it makes fun. Now I want to have a limited-slip differential for this.

I've found that it gives a viscous LSD from the Infinity Familia models of japan. The part number for this is the F045-27-190B. But this is just a viscous LSD and have still the lowest level diff.

Where can I find a good limited-slip differential for my F25M-R with 4.388 ring gear ratio? I don't makes fun that in turns the inner wheel is just spinning.

Thanks for your help, Toni
    1996 Opel Calibra 2.0 8V 115 HP - Sunshine Driver
    1995 Mazda 323-S 1.9 16V 114 HP - Daily Driver
    1995 Mazda 323-C 1.9 16V 160 HP - "Racecar" :D

Quaife makes a differential for the f-series gearbox.

Team Fail Motorsports

That's just the nature of the beach.

Comment

Thank you a lot!

But is it SURE, that this QD5F5 will fit in a F25M-R? I can't find anything about this in the description. Also does a quaife lsd change my ring gear ratio? Because i have 4.388 and not 4.105 how the other F25M-R's.

Greetings, Toni

Comment

Why not swap to a g series box and run the, half as expensive as qualife, mfactory LSD.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

you keep your existing ring gear & bolt it to the LSD. thats how the quaife works
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
            Why not swap to a g series box and run the, half as expensive as qualife, mfactory LSD.
            Because I have to modify both driveshafts and the rear motor mount. in addition i need a manual speed signal with speed cable, my f-series gearbox has a electrical speed signal. And my F25M-R with 4.388 ring gear ratio has the shortest transmission if g- and f-series gearbox's.

@FE 323 Oh okay. Thanks, then i will buy this.

Comment

^^i run a G series trans with a speedo cable, just sayin

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Not 100% on the conversion but if I did it right, 660£ is equal to 799 us dollars right?

I thought quilife LSD were in the 1600-1700 dollar range. I was going to suggest getting a g series box, mounts and axles for around 300 dollars then pay for a mfactory LSD for 800 and then you'd have a stronger box and same quality LSD for less than the qualife LSD. I must be wrong though.
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I am driving an 1995 european mazda 323-C BA coupe. Here in europe our BA-Models (1994-1998) got f-series gearbox. Just the pre-model (BG, 1990-1994) got g-series gearbox. I have to build a new rear motormount by myself to use a g-series box in my 323-BA. in addition the driveshafts has other stops and gearwheels/cogs. It a high effort to do this - and for what? When I buy a quaife LSD its more cheaper than converting to g-series-parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonicalibra View Post
                    I am driving an 1995 european mazda 323-C BA coupe. Here in europe our BA-Models (1994-1998) got f-series gearbox. Just the pre-model (BG, 1990-1994) got g-series gearbox. I have to build a new rear motormount by myself to use a g-series box in my 323-BA. in addition the driveshafts has other stops and gearwheels/cogs. It a high effort to do this - and for what? When I buy a quaife LSD its more cheaper than convertin
                    g to g-series-parts.
                    That's why I looked at the pricing.
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay

Comment

Working...
                    X