jerking excessively engaging clutch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jerking excessively engaging clutch.

On my 1999 Protégé es (130,000 miles, 1.8 ltr dohc, 5 speed)I had the oil in the manual transmission changed at a quick lube place last week. I immediately noticed a worsening of the intermittent jerking I had been getting when engaging the clutch. I figured the clutch was going bad, I have never replaced the original one, and I would get around to it eventually, but with the recent transmission oil change, its not really drivable unless you like riding a wild horse or something. Anyone know why that would happen? Think they didn't put enough tran oil in?.. Will replacing the clutch fix it? Even if I can't fix it myself, I do not want to take it in to a garage without prior knowledge of what it may be. I know the clutch has a lot of wear, but it wasn't this bad till last week. any ideas would be appreciated. I will talk to the quick lube guys, but I doubt they will know.

try looking at your motor mounts which i suspect are non-existant

i would also consider clutch chatter, which will occur when the clutch has been overheated and the flywheel has massive hot spots

if it is the clutch expect to replace the flywheel as well if it is that bad they wont be able to resurface it well

Comment

Working...
    X