GTR + 1995 Mazda 323 ( NEO )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torped0
    Well my question is, although the 1.5l and the 1.8l have different redlines. Will I have to change the tach to get it to redline at 7000? I'm wondering because I may get a strong pull up to redline, and if I redline at 6500, I will lose performance. I hope that made sense lol. So basically, will I lose power by that? thanks

I have no problem taking the tach straight to 7200 rpms.
    photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Hello guys and girls ....

check this out !!!

- Got the GTR motor dropped in
      - Have the GTR ECU & harness & fusebox & all relays & resistors
      - The GTR fusebox is cut right under the box
      - Also have the original fusebox from the 2nd gen 323
      - Dropping in a Turbo II RX-7 pump

I just need your gudance once again on how to acomplish this feat again ... ( i am not a mechanic, but from reading the Protege FAQ and asking question i was able to drop in the motor myself last night .... so i figure if i ask the right questions i could also wire up the GTR fusebox to the original fusebox )

I have the GTR shop manual, but I do not have the 95 323 manual, would you have the PDF somewhere ?
      Last edited by Black_91_GT; 04-29-2004, 09:54 PM.

- 95 323 Neo + GT-R ( http://323.a-spec.ca )
      - 90 Protege GT
      - 91 Protege 4WD
      - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

Some more shots from today ...

I hope my mom lets me drive it once in a while :-)

Last edited by Black_91_GT; 04-30-2004, 11:47 AM.

- 90 Protege GT
        - 91 Protege 4WD
        - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

You are sure they are different than Proteges of that year ?

I am still cleaning and fitting parts on it, maybe next week i will get to wireing, i was hopeing someone would have it handy so i asked ... if not i will go to the dealer and ask to borrow or photocopy some pages.

Look ... i am not that bright, i am just not mechanically inclined this is my first time doing anything like this, i rely on people like you to give me advice, hold my hand, slap me when i do something wrong

I have the GTR motor in now with the ECU and fusebox and all the other sensor, replays .. etc. I also have the 95 fusebox and harness and i am confused as to what is the best thing for me to do to have the most amount of things working, i do not know where there might be potencial problems, if i am missing important parts if the pump will work right ( the GTR one has some box for the fuel pump in the engine bay ... )

Originally posted by TheMAN
          look man... the fact that the 95 323 is rare as **** already, you expect PDF manuals to be available?

if you can afford the engine and all the other crazy mods to come, you CAN afford to buy the manual

stop being cheap
          Last edited by Black_91_GT; 04-30-2004, 12:42 AM.

- 90 Protege GT
          - 91 Protege 4WD
          - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

I have 2 harnesses from the 2nd gen Protege .... and i am not sure as to what one is what.

- One has 3 green connectors ont he ECU side ( Could this be the 1.5 MT)
            - One has 4 yellow connectors on the ECU side ( Could this be the 1.8L AT )
            Last edited by Black_91_GT; 05-01-2004, 03:52 PM.

- 90 Protege GT
            - 91 Protege 4WD
            - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

I have the GTR engine harness ... but it is cut right under the fusebox

i want to know what wires i need to splice there to make it run and i want to know what wires to keep so i can get some of the dashboard running

I went to Mazda and photocopied some pages out of the book, but like i said ... not a mechanic so i am still trying to understand this. I have the GTR manual and i have some of the main pages photocopied from the 2nd gen junction boxes .... i am going to take another hard look at them.

Last edited by Black_91_GT; 05-01-2004, 07:43 PM.

- 90 Protege GT
              - 91 Protege 4WD
              - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

Here is what i copied:

° Z-113 Joint Box
                ° Z-107 Common Connector List
                ° Z-80 Central Processing Unit
                ° Z-46 Instrument Cluster
                ° Z-48 Instrument Cluster
                ° Z-24 Engine Control System
                ° Z-112 Inter Connecting Diagram of Joint Box
                ° Cooling Fan System ( that you just hooked up )

I do not have cruise control in it and why do i need the data link ( ODB2 ) ... my car will be classied as a hot rod under registration so i don't need that emissions crap ... unless there is a good reason

Originally posted by TheMAN
                you need to get the engine control system (BP), fuel control system, cooling fan system, starting/charging system, data link connector, common connectors, joint box, cruise control system pages from the wiring diagrams book

they're MANY pages... you're better off buying the ****ing book... it's not that expensive for the wiring diagram book anyway... at least get that!
                Last edited by Black_91_GT; 05-01-2004, 05:02 PM.

- 90 Protege GT
                - 91 Protege 4WD
                - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

Took out 2nd gen fusebox and all i have is the connectors that plug in underneath the fusebox ---->

I can't figure out what these wires go to .... i looked at the diagrams and i can't seem to find them ...

and i got my GTR fusebox that has the wires cut underneath the bottom connectors. ----->

I am scanning the pages i photocopied .... and i am posting them, cause i need your help guys, my mecanics are too busy to give me a hand with my car, but i dropped the motor in myself ( Protege FAQ ) and i am sure i can get the wireing too with your help

So ... here it is guys

Last edited by Black_91_GT; 05-01-2004, 11:26 PM.

- 90 Protege GT
                  - 91 Protege 4WD
                  - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

My GTX ECU didn't even have a wire for the check engine light, I dunno if that's different for the GTR ECU. May differ due to region, too
                    2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

you'd WANT to wire up the diagnostic connector... the one that's under the hood... its the old school style connector... NOT the OBD2 ****... you at least want to be able to rig it up so that you can blink the CEL to pull codes!]
                      Good point ... so i just have to figure out what wire goes to the "check engine" light on the dash and the ECU i guess ... does it even go to the ECU or just to the dash ?

- 90 Protege GT
                      - 91 Protege 4WD
                      - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

say the connector B1-26 has 4 wires

--------
                        | Y | B |
                        --------
                        | L | O |
                        --------

In the diagram it shows me B1-26 only as 1 ( one ) line

------>B1-26>-------

How dows that help me understand what the 4 colored wires do and where they should be wired to the other harness ?!?!?!
                        Last edited by Black_91_GT; 05-08-2004, 03:02 PM.

- 90 Protege GT
                        - 91 Protege 4WD
                        - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

+20 experience points
                          +10 mana
                          +15 dexterity
                          +40 vitality

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ..... n00bs are not worthy, n00bs are not worthy, n00bs are not worthy.

Thanks ... I looked at that page many times but never noticed the fusebox diagram having the color coded wires in it ... ( when i took the bottom of the fusebox i seen that the wires coming in from the bottom connectors did not line up with the fuses ... so automaticaly i discarded the top left hand drawing in the manual ) that could have saved me some time if someone mentioned that a few weeks ago. But I guess if I paied more attention to detail ... that could have worked too ( tough after some time those diagrams after you look and think long enough about them ... start to look like stereograms and you start seeing sail boats and stuff )

----------

But do not think you are off the hook yet .... now i have bunch more questions.

1) The Fuelpump has a resistor pack in the GTR that the 2nd gen does not, do i get rid of the resistor pack or keep it ?

2) Does the resistor pack give the pump more voltage when it is at boost ? Or does it bring down voltage when it is at idle ?

3) What is BTN ( fusebox )

4) Can you move to Toronto ( cause i will have more questions )
                          Last edited by Black_91_GT; 05-08-2004, 07:39 PM.

- 90 Protege GT
                          - 91 Protege 4WD
                          - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

Another question ....

The wires that come trough the bottom of the fusebox do not all correspond to the colors on the other side of the connector and than they go into the harness and dissapear .... and some of them come back.

- 90 Protege GT
                            - 91 Protege 4WD
                            - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

Sounds more like a statement, not a question. Wires change color sometimes, that's why (if you read the introduction of the wiring book) it notates where on the harness the noted color is.
                              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Another observation

- I was able to figure out that in the 2nd gen FSM beside the connectors they will give you a letter that corresponds to the wire and than you can refference it in the INTER CONNECTING DIAGRAM.

This one here

I was not able to locate the 2 connectors under the fusebox of the 2nd gen though that look like this

---------------------
                                |_*_|G/Y|_*_|_*_|Y|
                                ---------------------
                                |L/Y_|_R/G|_R_|_W/B|
                                ---------------------

-------------------
                                |_*_|_*_|_*_|B/W|
                                -------------------
                                |W/L|G/B|_R_|W/B|
                                -------------------

here is a picture of the 2nd gen fusebox connectors i am talking about
                                ( http://me.a-spec.ca:6005/Mazdas/323/...4/IMG_2317.JPG )

----------------------------

In the GTR manual i was able to find that the connectors under the fusebox are X-15, 16, 17 .... and the manul also has a INTER CONNECT DIGRAM, but the wires do not have the letters above them to link them to the INTER CONNECT DIAGRAM.

-----
                                |L/Y|
                                -----

----
                                |V_|
                                --------
                                |B_|W/R|
                                ---------

----------
                                |B/L|_*_|
                                ----------
                                |Y/R|W/B|
                                ----------

--------------
                                |_Y_|_R_|G/L|
                                --------------
                                |B/G|B/W|B/R|
                                --------------

Here is a picture of the 1st gen connectos i am talking about
                                ( http://me.a-spec.ca:6005/Mazdas/323/...4/IMG_2319.JPG )
                                Last edited by Black_91_GT; 05-12-2004, 12:10 PM.

- 90 Protege GT
                                - 91 Protege 4WD
                                - 93 323 + T3/T04E

Comment

Working...
                                X