Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to my Reverse Glow Guages???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, i thank you again for those directions, i was able to get them wired up in maybe 10 minutes, they really helped. I'm really impressed with how they look, now i just need to replace my broken gauges......again, if i can just replace that one part, let me know if you have it i will buy it off of you...now, i'm desperate, i hate when things are done wrong or are broken on something of mine, especially a car.
    any suggestions with putting on that particular face next time so i avoid breaking another couple needles, i'm sure theres a trick to it...should i take the needles out, or should i try to put one on then the other?

Mods:
    JDM Headlights + Corners
    JDM Tailights
    1st Gen LX Black Wheels
    Shaved Side Mouldings
    Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
    Cone Filter
    KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
    E-Bay front strut bar
    Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
    40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
    and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

did you take your needles out to put the glow gauges atop? i NEVER took my needles off and had no problem whatsoever in installing it. maybe you can put crazy glue?

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

no, i left them in, i didnt even want to attempt removing them unless it was 100% necessary. When you put them on, did you first slip it over one of the needles, then the next, i think thats where i went wrong, i was kinda excited and rushing and tied putting it over both at the same time....=\

Mods:
        JDM Headlights + Corners
        JDM Tailights
        1st Gen LX Black Wheels
        Shaved Side Mouldings
        Cone Filter
        E-Bay front strut bar

Comment

Originally posted by JZProwler
          no, i left them in, i didnt even want to attempt removing them unless it was 100% necessary. When you put them on, did you first slip it over one of the needles, then the next, i think thats where i went wrong, i was kinda excited and rushing and tied putting it over both at the same time....=\
          i honestly cant remember but i think i completely did one after the other.

Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

Yea, i dont know why i tried to do both at the same time...excited i guess. Anyways i took about apart my old cluster, and i found that the guage itself is interchangable, it just has 6 screws on the back, they hold it in and give the signal as they are part of the circutboard, so maybe someone has a spare cluster laying around? I know the 95/96 and 97/98 pods are different, but are the faces themselves different too, or are they just mounted on the opposite side?

Mods:
            JDM Headlights + Corners
            JDM Tailights
            1st Gen LX Black Wheels
            Shaved Side Mouldings
            Cone Filter
            E-Bay front strut bar

Comment

just to finish up, i got ahold of another cluster and transplanted the gauges (didnt want to have to go through figuring out what the mileage was, my current cluster was an exact amount away) i needed and installed the face extremely carefully...i got nervous at one point tho, so i made a small incision on the face to open it up more to get it over the needle, its barely noticable and let me get it on much easier. They look great and i even know how much gas i have! heh, who woulda guessed adding just a tach and faces would cost me $160 by the end of it all

Mods:
              JDM Headlights + Corners
              JDM Tailights
              1st Gen LX Black Wheels
              Shaved Side Mouldings
              Cone Filter
              E-Bay front strut bar

Comment

Originally posted by JZProwler
                heh, who woulda guessed adding just a tach and faces would cost me $160 by the end of it all
                HOLY that is a LOT of money just for those things. oh well just as long as you're happy i guess. post some pictures.

how far are you from southington?
                Last edited by beetle_orange; 04-12-2005, 04:17 PM.

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                X