Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true that pigeon, your engine rebuild is costing you 3000? good god, thats up there. i understand....just think though if you scrimp and just get buy you could have a sweet ass hood on a bad ass car...there are ways of making you jump on...**** me why is it looking like i'll have to chip in the money for two hoods and just sell one to some one around here, and there has got to be someone around here.
    proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Prototender
      true that pigeon, your engine rebuild is costing you 3000?
      That's in Canadian dollars.

Comment

dont get me wrong, i want to jump in guys..
        i also dont wanna get your hopes up that im gonna be "interested" and then back out, i hate when people do that

thats why im just straight up saying no.
        eventually im going to want one... but if its gonna cost $800 im sure me and clappy could have a shop make 2 hoods for $1600 or less
        so this isnt really an amazing deal for me.. that is if tim doesnt get in on this buy.

i think you guys should just hang tight and wait, more people will join... and the unsteady ones already part of it will drop out

OR if someone has an abundance of cash buy 2
        eventually someones gonna want one
        and mark it up $50 bucks when you sell it to them
        Originally posted by Intruder
        That's in Canadian dollars.
        which is like $25.00 US dollars
        lol

the only reason its costing $3000 is cause the engine/FSM/ECU/engine stand/wiring harness/misc parts cost $1200

and the rest of the money is going towards a full rebuild..

Comment

Alright everyone, once this becomes a group buy this thread will be closed and it will resume in the proper group buy section.

Now this is a collective effort, everyone here is for sure more than willing to contribute... and it shows excellent club spirit.
          Myself, although not involved in the buy...if I could help out you guys in any way let me know... and beetle_orange, intruder, and prototender are involved and are clearly excited and willing to help out as well.

Intruder (Martin) is now an Approved Vendor Member and will be responsible for the money collection and any other organizational aspects of the buy.
          He has been around since the protegeclub.com days, and has dealt with many members on this board with buying and selling parts.. and has nothing but good feedback.
          So the money will be paypal'd to martin, and he will issue a cheque to the manufacturer of the hoods.

In regards to pickup, our good ol admin (who knows well and is on great terms with SPD) will be picking up the hoods and distributing them to their respective owners.
          Dave said they are good guys.

Shipping will also be freight COD... so you pay that when you recieve the hood.
          Now there are price changes in the hoods, and here is the break down:

$375.00 For the hood
          $12.00 For paypal fee's
          $17.00 For our admin to rent a U-haul truck, pickup the hoods, check for damage, ensure packaging is sufficient, and ship off to the respective owners

Now usually in group buys there is a mandatory donation structure, however since dave is now involved in the pickup... and with intentions of keeping the price down we are going to waive the donation for this round.
          The total price is now $404.00

The last variable to consider is getting the template for the hoods, and getting it to SPD.
          That and shipping are the only costs left to consider.

This should be enough information for anyone to decide whether or not they can afford it. From here on in, intruder is going to take over.

Once we have a committed 10 members, the thread will be closed and he'll start a new one in the group buy section.

cheers!

Comment

well hopefully that makes everyone feel safer.
            proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

i do have a couple of very very very very minor reservations but i'll wait until we see how this thing turns out. got no problem having intruder as the Authorized Vendor. I am sure that he will do a great job. all i want is to see people coming here so we can make the 10.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
              Mods:
              DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
              http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Let's keep the ball rolling guys. It does not matter who the AVM is as long as we all get what we want - CF hoods.

How are we going to find 10-15 solid buyers? Beetle told me that Prototender was emailing people on cardomain. Is that true? If not, I'll do it. Let's find some CF nuts.

Comment

do you guys need 10 or 15 in order to get it rolling?
                  how many do you have now

Comment

we don't need 15, but i'm assuming 15 would make it cheaper. so 15 would be optimum 10 barebones. i know 3 for sure, but i belive 4 or 5. and I am emailing people on cardomain, but the more the merrier, so intruder if you want to to, then do it, if we have more than one person doing it all it can do is get people to respond quicker.

Comment

Sounds good. I'll do it too.

Comment

Ok, you guys can count me in definitly now...i gave in. I was planning on finding a 13b to being building up(im saving to try to buy an FD in the future, and wanted to work and build the motor for it, and if worse came to worse...just sell it) and my parents are still kinda iffy on it...but my two roommates said they'd back me financially on it, so as long as i can put in my $125 around the beginning of august when the 'rents dont have access to my bank account....i can do this =)

Mods:
                        JDM Headlights + Corners
                        JDM Tailights
                        1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                        Shaved Side Mouldings
                        Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                        Cone Filter
                        KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                        E-Bay front strut bar
                        Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                        40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                        and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

Yeah, definitely. You can save your $125 and make sure you have it beginning of August.

Comment

thats the beauty...i kick ass at anything money...i have plenty saved up now to pay outright, even with paying rent...just gotta make sure i have enough cushion for the just in cases....=)

Mods:
                            JDM Headlights + Corners
                            JDM Tailights
                            1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                            Shaved Side Mouldings
                            Cone Filter
                            E-Bay front strut bar

Comment

I wish I could say that. lol

Comment

If I was doing a motor swap/rebuild on my daily car, I'd be plenty broke as well, I'm good...but definitley not that good

Mods:
                                JDM Headlights + Corners
                                JDM Tailights
                                1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                                Shaved Side Mouldings
                                Cone Filter
                                E-Bay front strut bar

Comment

Working...
                                X