The list as of right now is this:

1. beetle_orange
    2. loganss (?)
    3. JZProwler
    4. Intruder
    5. Prototender
    6. Shaun32390
    7. dreamcastninja (?)

We've got 7 people who have expressed interest in the hood.

loganss, is still a question mark because in another thread he's getting a Mazda 6.
    dreamcastninja wants one but cannot afford it at the moment.

All in all, 5 solid buyers.

Damn, where do we find 5 more?

Comment

the only hope for 5 more is car domain. i've been trying to find the guys in ca, and canada, cause if we can get more in canada, it might make a difference in shipping to get them all shipped at once, and we might be able to get a few more in here on the buy, and I for one would rather it be guys in here that buy in on this than random people.
      proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

What are the prices on those hoods again? $850 or $450 or something else. I may talk to beetle_orange on Sunday at a meet and get more info on them from him. Also does anyone have a clear pic of what they look like without me going back and forth through all the treads. Also I am not sure if it will look good on my car unless maybe Intruder has a couple of minutes to photoshop my car which I would definitely appreciate. But if it is over $500 count me out immediately. Thanks guys.

Comment

with shipping to you, it might end up over 500. the cost of the hood itself is 405,
          proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

sanblaster, it might be a little over $500 but you gotta remember there's 2 of us here now. so we could either have 2 hoods delivered to you or to me and the other person can just come over and pick it up. sounds good huh. if thats the case i would expect it to be in the mid $400's cuz we can split the cost of shipping. do i hear another one joining in on this?

intruder, we might have problems with shaun cuz he's from canada and once he knows the price to ship it then he might back off (hopefully not) and i dont think dreamcastninja is into this as well. so i would say we have a solid 5 with sanblaster.
            Last edited by beetle_orange; 07-08-2005, 10:29 AM.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
            Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

When do you need an answer by beetle_orange? Also I still do not know what this hood looks like.

Comment

I did this in paint and took a couple minutes. I know that it is not this black what do you guys think???
                Attached Files

Comment

you'd need a few more things on your car to match it as well, like the way beetles is setup, the ducktail, and sideskirts, don't look bad, and will look even better with the cf hood because it isn't just one thing on the car, but I doubt it would look bad on your car, if nothing else you could have the hood painted to match.

Comment

WHOA. definitely doesnt look like that. LOL

here's a few pictures of an actual hood they made.
                    Attached Files

Mods:
                    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

but that is the general idea its our hood but cf, can't find a pic of one, cause there isn't one. no ones done it that I know of. as for cardomain, i've posted with a few people, along the lines of martin, but I am going to do more tonight.

Comment

those hoods are so god damn sexy. i'm almost sporting a wood here.

Comment

Originally posted by Prototender
                          you'd need a few more things on your car to match it as well, like the way beetles is setup, the ducktail, and sideskirts, don't look bad, and will look even better with the cf hood because it isn't just one thing on the car, but I doubt it would look bad on your car, if nothing else you could have the hood painted to match.
                          But protender wouldn't that defeat the purpose of it fiber carbon. If I am just going to paint it sand mica it does not make any sense purchasing it because it is going to look the same as the one I currently have. I am still going to tint the windows and may go with a carbon fiber spoiler. That may help but I am still uncertain about it because it seems like there are too many unknowns with this hood. Also beetle_orange you crack me up man. I cannot believe that you do not like my masterpiece. Ha.

Comment

hahaha, masterpiece? ok, i'll take your word for it.

sanblaster, i think you should really consider this, especailly after saying that we can split the shipping cost. the best thing is its for looks and functionality.

i think intruder's photoshop of his car with a carbon fiber looks very much accurate.

what do you mean there's a lot of unknowns about this hood?

Mods:

Comment

Not a lot but a few unknown's beetle such as what they look like, how dark are they (are they a light black or are they a dark black), are they going to go in without any further alterations (I have never put a hood on so I hope it is as easy as unbolting and rebolting) (I may have to have you help me beetle), and nobody including you beetle has told me when you guys need the money or payment options or when they are going to be ordered and how long is delivery. Other than that I am good.

Comment

no alterations whatsoever. u simply unbolt it from the hinges and bolt the carbon fiber hoods on.

with payment, the reason nobody has said anything where to send payment is because we are trying to get a firm 10 before this thing goes to the "official Group Buy" the official AVM is intruder so all money goes to him.

the payment is $125 for the downpayment and the balance upon completion but prior to delivery. it'll take approximately 5 months, that is why we are rushing to get this thing going and the 5 months i believe is a long enough period for the others to come up with the rest of the cash.

for me i actaully consider them a dark dark grey than black. thats just my opinion i am sure a lot here would say black.

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X