chek this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maverick82
    Hey guys, I contacted them ... and for people interested in the projector lights ... not the grill ... they will sell them for 210$ US ...

They have a dealer in Vancouver, Canada which isn't really that far from me ( i'm in Quebec ).

I am trying to see with them if there is any deal they can come up with if there more people buying them ... or interested.

Please let me know ... send me a PM.

Cheers guys !
    HI, i'd be really interested in those projector headlight. I'm in quebec too . It's really reasonnable 210us for the light cause it cost about 90$ to 100$ for one headlight. I'm interested and in the grill to, so if you have any news about it tell me. That be awsome to have tjose kind of lights.
    OLD CAR
    97 protege se 1.5
    17" wheele
    Nankang NS1 sport 205r17H40
    Short air ram intake
    Clear corner
    CM spring 1,7 rear 1,8 front
    JVC Headset MP3 player
    Pioneer SS 12"sub TS-W34C
    REAR TS-A6980R 350W
    FRONT 220W
    Lightning audio Amp. 500w
    Custom exhaust 2" with magnaflow cat and muffler
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    NEW
    mazda 3 sport 2006

Comment

Just be really careful when ordering headlights.

Those black projectors will not fit 97/98 cars unless you change your fenders, grille, and possibly bumper. The price is damn good, so if anyone with a 95/96 likes them - jump on it! I don't think it's going to last. lol Seems like it's too good to be true.

The clear headlights on the other hand will ONLY fit 97/98 cars. If you want them on a 95/96 you'll have to swap fenders/grille/etc.

Originally posted by maverick82
      Hey guys, I contacted them ... and for people interested in the projector lights ... they will sell them for 210$ US ...
      That $210 price... does it include the harness too?

Comment

caloyski5, hey man, can you post a high resolution close-up photo of those headlights? And if you could post a pic of what they look like on the back... that' be awesome and highly appreciated.

Comment

Well ... i contacted there dealer in Vancouver ... seems thet do not have the projector light ... but that have something else which will sell for much more.

------------

They have the HID Conversion Kit and the headlight casing

There’s a little modification needed to be done on your stock bulb. It has to be converted to HID first. They strongly suggest you have it done by a professional.

The HID Conversion Kit is $469 for 6Ks and $479 for 8Ks. Shipping cost would be $80 to $260 depends on how fast you want it.

------------

That's all canadian ... i presume since there located in Vancouver.

I'm still trying to get the real store to shipped the projector ones.

Maverick

Comment

What headlight casing? The black one?

Oh, and BTW... if you ever decide to do a HID conversion get 4300K Philips D2S bulbs. Don't be fooled by the high K rating of other bulbs. They may look cool, but the light output is really bad and you can't see **** at night.

Comment

WHat do you have on ur car Intruder ? ... stock headlights ?

Yeah, i guess there talking about the black casing ... So man ... if I wanna do this conversion ... i'll have to change almost the entired front and swap it with 95-96 parts ... that sucks ...

I don't really wanna redo the entired front end just for damn lights.
              What do you think about the J-Spec 97-98 Protege headlights
              --
              The J-Spec headlights have a totally clear lense unlike the US headlight which has a diffused headlight lense. The Headlights have a built in wedge type socket for city lights and the main bulb is an H4.
              --

Maverick

Comment

I have the Japanese headlights on my car, and you've heard correct - the light pattern DOES suck. This is why I got a set of the stock US headlights for temporary use, and I'm going to buy HID projectors/ballasts/bulbs to retrofit the JDM headlights with them. Depending on the complexity and the amount of work involved I may be willing to perform the retrofit for a small fee for anyone interested, but the price of the parts alone is going to be steep. Probably around $300. The good stuff is expensive.

Actually, look at this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7999357448

The parts could cost as much as $400. I am certain that with patience one could find those same parts for close to $300. Maybe less with some luck.
                Last edited by Intruder; 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM.

Comment

That means basicly ... do not buy the J-SPEC lights of corksport.com website

I looked at the part you found on ebay, looks nice ... but that's 400$ a piece ... your not gona put only 1 piece per headlight ... the final price would just be crazy...

I've got the stock US lights ... and clear corner lights for now. I think i'm gona stick with that.

Maverick

Comment

No, the thing on ebay is for a SET (for two headlights).

2 x Hella ECE spec D2S Bi-Xenon projectors
                    2 x Hella generation III ballasts
                    2 x Philips 85122 D2S HID bulbs (4300K)
                    2 x 9006 connectors
                    2 x Ballast Enclosures

If you can find those components individually for less, by all means get them. It's well worth it. The projectors are Bi-Xenon which means that you will have low AND high beams. There's a solenoid that moves a shield inside the projector when you want high beams, and it moves it back for a low beam. Not all projectors are this way. Really cool.

I already said that you can find them for much less USED and as good.. The only thing that may need replacing is the bulb.

Comment

Some people will hate me for posting this, but you can see the JDM lights and corners here:

Just imagine a projector in there.

Comment

Imagine 2 in there.... My old roommate was doing a hid projector custom in his dsm, he was using projectors from s4 headlights he bought off ebay, got the ballasts, did all the research, sanded, wetsanded, and polished the inside of his housing, test fit the projectors, started making the deflector plates but ran out of funds then sold the car. had everything but bulbs then he had too many problems with the car (15 years old) so he had to part out what he purchased and actually made a profit.

Intruder if you have questions on this type of thing i can get you in contact with him, although he's probably not as sharp on the subject by now.

Also if anyone, wants to do this with 95/96 headlights I got some busted ones I can sell for cheap to do some test fits with.
                        95 ES
                        05 S60R

Comment

Originally posted by goodorange
                          Intruder if you have questions on this type of thing i can get you in contact with him, although he's probably not as sharp on the subject by now.
                          Thanks dude, I'll come to you if I have questions.

Comment

i knew it was too good to be true plus i do not think they have affiliates outside of the philippines.

remember that before big companies start importing parts for the local market they would just rather do it themselves since it'll be cheaper. the problem is they wont make it for us because the market is not big enough.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                            Mods:
                            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

we're growing....one day we'll be bigger than civics! lol ok yeah right, and if we were i probably wouldn't like my car as much anymore.
                              proud owner of a 13lb 5 ounce porker baby boy. no longer the proud owner of the car below, it now belongs to 95pro.

Comment

this is as high resolution as it can get. . .

i can't get better ones. . unless it stops raining..grrrrrr

will take better pics of the front and rear ..

hth btw
                                ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

Working...
                                X