Custom Tail Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Tail Lights

New to the thread, but i got alot of information/pictures to post. Stay patient while i figure this website out, lolz.

One of the many mods i've done to the 2nd gen protege is custom taillights. I was searching and searching for custom taillights and got pissed because i found parts for every car except mine. So with some primer, black enamel, painters tape, a razor blade and alooooot pf patience, i got custom lights.

[IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l24/urbanepidemik/1030061335.jpg
    [/IMG]

Lemme know if you guys have any questions about the walkthrough / installation

Kasper.
    Team Race Reddy.

so basically you tape it off and spray paint it? do you prep it in any way?
    Originally posted by 90prtege
    have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
    Originally posted by Turpro
    Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
    CRZbrussian: that sux
    CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
    CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

same thing i did to mine on the garnish...
      MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

I did something similar... Go to this 2 see prepwork... www.cardomain.com/id/patspontiac (scroll down)
        Attached Files
        **SOLD**
        Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

Once i remmoved the lights, i laid them down and cleaned it with rubbing alcohol. The reason was to make sure that all the grease and oil was removed along with the dirt. I laid down the vinlys and dusted on the first coat of primer. Once it dried, i laid on a second heavy coat - then a third, then i held it to a light to see the spots that were still "see-thru". After a few spot treatments, it was ready to be placed back onto the car. And yea, in a nutshell - that's about it. Its a easy + inexpensive way to add a custom look to your car. Plus they dont make aftermarket taillights for our cars - gotta get creative.

Comment

it does look good man im about to tape a strip off in mine and black the rest so when i hit the brakes it looks like led bars...
            MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

one of my friends wanted to do something like that to his supra. If done right, then ur lil layout has alot of potential! Just take your time + everything should turn out fine.

Kasper.
              Team Race Reddy.

Comment

oh yeah ive got the skills haha Ive done the caddy tail paint job on one of my old nissan trucks and everyone thought i shaved the lights and really put in caddy tails. Ill find a picture so everyone knows what i mean...
                MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Team Race Reddy View Post
                  I laid down the vinlys and dusted on the first coat of primer. Once it dried, i laid on a second heavy coat - then a third, then i held it to a light to see the spots that were still "see-thru"..
                  so 1st primer, then heavy primer, then black paint?

what kind of paint did you use? is there a special one for plastic or something?
                  Originally posted by 90prtege
                  have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
                  Originally posted by Turpro
                  Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
                  CRZbrussian: that sux
                  CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
                  CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

What i did was. First coat of grey filler primer. Second coat black enamel. Hold it up to the light, then a third coat of black enamel. Then i took a razor blade and peeled off the vinyls that i laid down on the taillights.

Comment

Any body else try custom tail light work? Or is anyone thinking about it?

Comment

It looks nice, But personally i still go with JDM ones.

JDM inspired protege with super rare mazdaspeed parts.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks this looks horribly ricey?

Tuned by Matrix?
                          You're ruining perfectly good factory parts if you ask me.

Comment

Rice or not, whats the problem? is it wrong for a import car (mazda) to look like an import car? And tuned by matrix is the company that i want to get my parts from. i like how txmzdspd has his modification layout all uniform. jdm and momo. I want the same thing, but matrix. The engine is my next project. I got the easy stuff out of the way (interior) the next is the engine. I got my exhaust put on yesterday morning. Next step intake?

Comment

what type of paint did u use

Comment

Working...
                              X