X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

yeah that is what i thought was the deal with the erebuni one... it keeps the front but the back is gone... so if you are rear ended your screwed i dont understand why they did that
      In the Garage
      Black 93 MX-3 GS
      Bp powered
      GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
      MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

I didn't make this page in vain guys....

photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Alright you guys i have a questoin. what do the japanses do for saftey of there front bumpers are there "j-spec" bumper reneforcments that they have like ours except shaped different or do they just hope they don't crash?
            real drivers accelerate for the corners

Comment

the jspec bumper isn't a bumper cover like ours... its a very strong eurethane that isnt' hollowed out.. its like a honeycomb behind the bumper... its actually pretty strong.. our bumpers are rated at 5mph with the rebar and theirs is rated at 3mph.. hmmm real big difference that.. this is what i've heard.. not sure how true.. but i trust bruce and the others
              In the Garage
              Black 93 MX-3 GS
              Bp powered
              GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

i dont know about being stronger..witness my accident at 5-10 KMH...noy even MPH!
                Attached Files

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

i know that that rebar is going to hold up for atleast 5 mph from any average weight vehicle. The 5mph rating i belive is for an impact that will be not noticeable besides for scratches(like a parking lot accident) the part that will take the blow from that is the styrofoam(the front bumper absorber) the real structural part is taht yellowish part(actually called the reneforcement there is a sketch at http://www.mazda-auto-body-parts-onl...ts---9436.html ) that goes infront of the radiator. I'm wondering if that yellowish part has it's counterpart in Japan. I'm thinking that the honeycomb shaped stucture behind the bumper is to add some stiffness to it since there is no styrofoam behind it to support it. otherwise i think it would just be flapping in the wind kind of. urethane is the shizzel though for bumper material because of it's high impact strenght and it's ductility and high modulus of elasticity(ablility to be bent but able to go back to it's original shape). Fiberglass on the other hand sucks big time you move it it will break pretty much. I guess there are probably some resins that they can use that makes it better like how they use it for vette body panels but can be nowhere near the effectiveness of uerethane. I know it's a movie but if you want a really good example of the flexablitly look that the first fast and the furious when i belive the supra is chasing the charger towards the end you can see the front bumper or air dam or whatever you want to call it hit the ground and obviously flex quite a bit.
                  Last edited by labikesrcool; 12-17-2003, 03:16 PM.

Comment

yeah i know the piece you are talking about.. someone smashed my front end and that was the only part that survived... the rest was pulled off as he glanced my front passanger side.... i don't think they have any kind of rebar thing to be honest.. from what others have shown in pics of the way it fits on our car there is no room behind the jspec bumper for a rebar piece
                    In the Garage
                    Black 93 MX-3 GS
                    Bp powered
                    GTR Drive Train

MyCardomain[/SIZE]

Comment

You are correct. There is no OEM rebar even in the east.
                      Here is a pic of Andy Adans car after his collision two years ago:
                      (I realize that the bumber is untouched as it slid UNDER the rear end of the truck. Im just showing that there is nothing behind the bumper in terms of renfocements)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by K Dawg ONE; 12-18-2003, 12:06 PM.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

dam them and there unsafe bumper ways

Comment

HEy Aslyum.... MY rear bumper has the reinforcement And I have the same exact kit as u... same color paintjob too lol. It's freaky as hell
                          Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Working...
                          X