Back Seats Fold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Seats Fold

I Have A Mazda Protege DX, base model.. aka P.O.S. im soon to be puttin in a Amazing audio system the only problem is my back seats dont fold down, thers 2 hooks & then its stright boltd to the speaker template, is there anyways i can remove all this to make it fold Down & up to show off my subs, is there even a hindge at the bottom? or will it just fall right out?

TommE

you could visit the junkyards and look for a ES rear seat backrest. those are the ones that fold down. make sure you get all the brackets and latches.

Comment

97-98 cars have 60/40 split rear seats, regardless of trim level.

Comment

as do the lx's from 95/96

although the cloth of the seats would be diffrent.

But there probaly going to be diffrent anyway seeing as you have a dx.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
          97-98 cars have 60/40 split rear seats, regardless of trim level.
          Mine must be a bastard child or something because it's a '97 DX and the seat does not fold down... OK, it's a bastard child for other reasons too, but we won't get into that right now
          Please sponsor me for the American diabetes association Tour de Cure.
          http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=...383&px=3361088
          together, we can find a cure for Diabetes!!!!

Comment

could you take a pic of your existing seats? i have a set from a 92 SE that would probably fit and we arent that far apart, no rips or tears just needs a little cleaning pm me if interested

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaNoob View Post
              could you take a pic of your existing seats? i have a set from a 92 SE that would probably fit and we arent that far apart, no rips or tears just needs a little cleaning pm me if interested
              Thanks, but I'm not really interested. I've gotten pretty good at just taking the two bolts out on the rare occasions it's in the way. And, at this point the only money I'm putting into it at this point will be to take care of my little clutch problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sndcastle7 View Post
                Mine must be a bastard child or something because it's a '97 DX and the seat does not fold down... OK, it's a bastard child for other reasons too, but we won't get into that right now
                Could be different since I'm in Canada.

Comment

yeah, that's probably what it is

Comment

DX dont have fold down rear seats regardless of the year.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                    Mods:
                    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

My 97 SE (Canadian version of the DX, I think?) has a 60/40 rear seat.

Comment

It was an option in the convience package.
                        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                        Originally posted by HopelessCow
                        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Working...
                        X