No announcement yet.

Headlight Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok...thats all fine...but they don't make them for the 95-96 model...its for the 97 and up...so I'm still out there... Thanks anyhow.. though..
    DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
      Guys that is ALL BS. IM sorry but you can adjust the way you headlights point. Im sorry but its that simple. We could make A-spec lights point the wrong way just as we can make J-spec point the right way.. Thats all BS sorry get the jspec
      no
      Last edited by charles; 10-03-2003, 12:38 AM.
      2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

how to clean your head lights

this is your guide to clean your headllights.lol
        1) just go into your girl's stuff
        2) get some cotton pads or a towl(whatever works,rags,etc.)
        3) get some nail polish remover
        4) use the towls/cotton-pads and nail polish remover to take away the yellow and whatever else is on the headlight.
        enjoy the clean headlights...
        late
        Almost there

jdm tails... check
        jdm bumper... check
        ms lip... check
        ms grill... check
        ms sideskirts... check
        ms rear skirts... check
        ms spoiler... check
        ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
        Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

wow thats horrible

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
            Guys that is ALL BS. IM sorry but you can adjust the way you headlights point. Im sorry but its that simple. We could make A-spec lights point the wrong way just as we can make J-spec point the right way.. Thats all BS sorry get the jspec
            Ok, I dont usually cuss at anyone, but, you my friend, are an idiot.
            I have the Jspecs, you can only aim up or down, not side to side!
            However, the left-hand drive aim on the 97/8 JDM headlights are not that bad. I havent even been flashed while driving before.

(Oh yeah, BTW, A-Spec=asian spec...USDM is what is used for North American cars)

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
            Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Originally posted by TheMAN
              Ok genius, explain how to "make J-spec point the right way"
              haha, much deserved.
              95 ES
              05 S60R

Comment

Just take apart the light and angle the back. simple.... but i guess people dont know how to do that.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                  wow thats horrible
                  Yeah is that all the light his car has...
                  that looks like he can't see ****
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    Yeah is that all the light his car has...
                    that looks like he can't see ****
                    the important part about what is shown is the projection of the excess light to the left of the car an not the right (into on coming traffic here in the US) with a J-spec light.

The not having a lot of light is really not that big an issue. In close the lights do not have a lot of spread so they are focusing more of the light farther out (hence the really bright points in the pic). When you drive with these you get much better distance visibility. That's the difference with NA lights... the patterns are much much wider. So while it looks like you are throwing a lot more light, it is really just a lot more scattered into areas that do not help you see the road better at night.

Hence getting an E-spec light, which has a similar reflector to the J-spec but casts the excess to the right hand side instead, will yield a better light pattern for night time driving over a NA spec light.
                    Last edited by JJB; 10-16-2003, 03:28 PM.
                    --JJB--
                    '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
                    Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
                    16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
                    15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
                    Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

Where can I find that PLASTIC X ? I just got a clear corners , so headlights look really bad beside them .
                      Is there any info about what I legally can do with my headlights ? Lat's say tint them a bit .
                      Last edited by russian; 10-30-2003, 10:28 AM.
                      98 protege LX for appearance
                      89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Another product designed to clean headlight covers can be found at: liteswap.com
                        Go to Other Products and click on Headlight Resurfacing Kits. the cost is US $30. I haven't used the product myself but liteswap is a reliable vendor and you might want to check with him, as it looks like it could be a good way to clean up the plastic covers.
                        02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                        MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                        MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                        Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                        MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                        Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                        Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                        Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                        Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                        Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                        Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                        Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                        Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Just cleaned my headlights . That works pretty good for just 10$(CDN) . It called PLASTX not plastic X , and could be found in Canadian tire stores . Manufacturer is Meguiars and I've seen something similar in a Wallmart .
                          98 protege LX for appearance
                          89 626 GT for performance

Comment

yup, thats what I was talking about! =)
                            Also, Russian, come check out the Toronto Protege Club...we even have a couple of members in our club from the Falls area!!!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                            Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Working...
                            X