98 trunk emblem....what's different?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98 trunk emblem....what's different?

Hey guys, need some help from those with 98's. Anyone have a picture of the emblem on the centre of the trunk lid? Apparently it is different from 97. We just swapped trunks (98 trunk missing emblem) and our 97 won't fit.....the 2 holes are farther apart on the 98 trunk.

This trunk is from a touring edition if that matters.

thanks.

well for one as you can see they are two completely different emblemsthats the main reason they dont fit

Comment

the 98's have the new current mazda emblem. Like on my sig.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rickjr1984 View Post
        well for one as you can see they are two completely different emblemsthats the main reason they dont fit
        See where? if you posted pics they didn't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Squeekster1 View Post
          the 98's have the new current mazda emblem. Like on my sig.
          Really? Hmmmm, i thought that didn't come until later. That's weird though as the mazda dealer parts website i searched showed the same one for 96-98.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie jr View Post
            Really? Hmmmm, i thought that didn't come until later. That's weird though as the mazda dealer parts website i searched showed the same one for 96-98.
            Yeah, i've got nothing but the current emblem all over my car. Thats how i tell the difference between mine and a 97
            sigpic

Comment

That is the major visual difference between 97 and 98. 98 models do have the current 'flying M' logo, and the 95/96/97 have the 'candle' logo.

Comment

cool, thanks guys! Ironically i went for groceries after work and saw a 98 in the parking lot with those emblems!!!

Now i know what i have to get.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie jr View Post
                  The thing is that the 'M' emblem is from 1997 to present. The center spade-shaped pattern was from 1992-1997, from 1991-1992 they had that ugly edgy center which later became spade-shaped, before they had none (only fancy style 'mazda' name).
                  Garage: Mazda Protege 1995, Z5 engine, MTX, P/S, no A/C, no ABS.

PM me if you need: comprehensive Autodata information; Mazda's 2nd generation workshop manual; Mazda's Z5 overhaul workshop manual.

Comment

ok guys, next question........what about the front grill where that emblem is mounted, is the grill different from 97 to 98 or the same? Meaning can i swap that so i can have the new emblem there too?

thanks.

Comment

the 97 and 98 grills are different but they are interchangeable

Comment

Man you should really stop wasting so much ink.
                        Garage: Mazda Protege 1995, Z5 engine, MTX, P/S, no A/C, no ABS.

PM me if you need: comprehensive Autodata information; Mazda's 2nd generation workshop manual; Mazda's Z5 overhaul workshop manual.

Comment

Changed some of the emblems. I think I was one of the first to change over to the newer emblem. Cheapest mod by far that looks good.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X