Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homemade rice

I enjoy composites.

The mirror covor is full c/f with the stock mounting bracket thingies attached to the back.

As you can see in this picture

theres about 1 area, bottom right corner, that isnt flush. I need to check if its flush with a stock panel. I don't know as I've been dicking around with them for a month now.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Nice work! Did you make a mold of the factory sail panel?
    2003 Protege5
    1990 Protege LX (sold)
    1990 Protege DX (sold)
    1992 626 (sold)

Common abbreviations and jargon on Club Protege: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34116

Comment

I was going to but it was silly to do it for the limited run I was going to do.

I used the "wet" method of just mocking it up on the item. It only makes it like a mm larger than the peice you were copying. It ruins it in the process but its quicker than making a mold for 1 or 2 peices.

If you'd like a set for the 1st gen I might make some. I might also go broke as carbon cloth has almost doubled again since I bought my last roll
      Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
        If you'd like a set for the 1st gen I might make some.
        I already "customized" my sail panels http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=big&p=1286
        2003 Protege5
        1990 Protege LX (sold)
        1990 Protege DX (sold)
        1992 626 (sold)

Common abbreviations and jargon on Club Protege: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34116

Comment

After mocking it up 3 diffrent ways the easiest way to do the mid console cover is to just remove the botom portion of the lid and mold the fiber around the lip. Other wise it looks halfassed because of the way the stupid midconsole is on the 2nd gen.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

great work there mate! neat! thumbs up to you!!!

Comment

you should lay a thin coat of clear epoxy over the cf pieces you made. you can buy the stuff on ebay by the pint / gallon. It's kinda sorta like clearcoat for the cf stuff. it gives it a nice look and finish. xP

Quick Link to epoxy on ebay.

Comment

you should make some 323 a pillar exterior trim
                I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                |.....Overnight....................| ||
                |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Race Reddy View Post
                  you should lay a thin coat of clear epoxy over the cf pieces you made. you can buy the stuff on ebay by the pint / gallon. It's kinda sorta like clearcoat for the cf stuff. it gives it a nice look and finish. xP

Quick Link to epoxy on ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...oxy&category0=
                  clearly you don't know how wet layup works.

And nate if you tell me one more time to make goddamn apillar covers I'll come to your house and break yours.

I don't have a set to work on so I can't make shi-.
                  Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

^^ his are already gone, so is the rest of the wolds. cept i have a pair

"homemade rice"? i opened this up looking for jasmin rice and some curry ****.
                    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
                    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
                    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
                    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
                    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

Comment

A friend as me to make a c/f ring for his g/f for valentines.
                      I made almost a dozen.
                      I now have about 6 good ones.

They're a bitch to take a picture of.
                      Skate board bearing for comparison sake.
                      Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Aw kitty, you're so romantic.

Now do a center console.

Comment

I charged him $50 for all the bullshi- that goes into making a circle out of carbon fiber. Its a hastle.
                          I'm letting the other one go for cheap though.

I'm working on a full replacment center console. I mainly want to remove the stupid slots where the heated seat buttons would go if are cars werent cheap and the ash tray slot in the back.
                          I'm having trouble figuring out how the hell to make it mount.

It a fiberglass shell with a c/f top layer. I can't afford to make a full c/f/kevlar one. And no one would buy it at the price it would have tobe~$300
                          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Working...
                          X