Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 way keyless entry / alarm

Hey guys,

I have a 97 Mazda Protege SE which has no power features.

I would like to install a 2 way keyless entry alarm (from reading other posts I know I will need to get actuators, and since each lock is individual I will need 4).

I would like some advice on the best/affordable alarm I could get that would work. I'm pretty sure any alarm/actuator combination will work. I don't really need remote start, if it's included and easy to setup, I might as well go for it.

This one looks good but doesn't have keyless entry.

Any help with this would be great, please provide links to alarms if you find any. As well, if you have a keyless entry / alarm for your car and/or actuators please let me know how you like it and what brand/model it is.

Thanks!
    1997 Mazda Protege DX - 1.5L, 4 door

Look on Autoloc's website for power door lock kits.

The Hornet 745T you posted does in fact have keyless entry.

I don't think I've ever seen an alarm that doesn't have keyless entry.

Comment

The first kit on this page looks good (http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/autol...versal4doorkit).

I would like to get a 2way alarm so I'm thinking the first kit that's only the actuators and hardware is best, then I can either buy the Hornet 745T or another one. Still haven't decided whether a 1 way or 2 way is best.

Can't you turn off the remotes when your not using it? I know it's supposed to be on 24/7 to alert you, but say im close to my car and will hear the alarm I'd rather turn it off and save the battery power, I guess I could always take the battery out to disable it but I wonder if they have fail-safes that set the alarm off if it's removed and not low on energy.

Does anyone have suggestions on brand/models that are good? I've always been told that Viper alarms are the best.
      1997 Mazda Protege DX - 1.5L, 4 door

Comment

At work we sell Compustar and Autostart. They're both great systems. Autostart is a bit more affordable, but the Compustar 2-ways are so jam packed with features.

The one-way systems are pretty much equal, in price and in features.

For a basic 2-way, I'd recommend an Autostart AS2461TWFM. It also goes by the name AS2451 and AS2450, if they're old stock.

Comment

Working...
        X