retrofitting projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

retrofitting projectors

alright so I'm feeling bad for other drivers when im driving with my HIDs cause it just looks like i got my high's on..

im starting to look in to retrofitting projectors into my protege and im wondering if anyone has any experience with this or if anyone has done this already? any help would be great thanks

I can get you a pair of Millenia projectors if you want. PM me

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
      I can get you a pair of Millenia projectors if you want. PM me
      thats cool, ill definitely let you know if im gonna follow through with this project..

but does anyone have suggestions on which projectors would fit the best in the BHA headlights?..and ive found a few walkthroughs but they would be for different cars..would it make a big difference if i were to follow them but with my mazda headlights?

Comment

I didn't read anything when I did mine. I just took 4 bolts and bolted the projector to the headlight housing

Comment

Originally posted by mx-3_4evr View Post
          I didn't read anything when I did mine. I just took 4 bolts and bolted the projector to the headlight housing
          haha sweet, how did it come out?..and are the mx-3's H4 bulbs?

Comment

Look at my post about my car, I have pics of how it turned out. The stock MX-3 bulbs are 9004 but I switched to 9006 because of the Millenia projectors. you can find in the picture/video section called "blown transmission pushes me for complete restoration"

Comment

sounds like a good idea; dunno how it's gonna loook with diffused lenses though.

and if your looking for a descent kit; i've heard good about these folks

keep us posted; i would love to do this also
              | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

it wont much help with the diffused lenses...u can import the ones from phillipines and they will work.
                MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

If you're going to retrofit projectors, retrofit HID projectors with the correct bulbs.

Otherwise you're not improving anything at all.

Comment

do i have to continue using the same bulb size i have atm?..i mean im retrofitting an entirely new housing so i would be able to use different bulbs if i wanted to right? or would it cause problems

ive found it difficult to locate OEM projectors which house H4 bulbs, maybe off a cadillac srx haha just something i found...but a majority of searches came up with China projectors...if im going to do this i wanna do it right, with OEM projectors..anyone know decent projectors that are H4 off a car?
                    Last edited by bentrue; 01-29-2009, 02:15 AM.

Comment

No.

Because there are no dual filament projector setups.

You have to use the bulbs that the projectors are made for.

Comment

has nE1 done or seen some1; with projector and diffused lense combo

Comment

I had stuck some inside a spare set of headlights I had but when tested they red royaly sucked. Intruder over at Imazda had done this to the JDM lights he had and it worked out great and looked hella sweet.
                          MY CARDOMAIN LINK

STOLEN 09/28/2007

Comment

i remember that;
                            so flipping sexy

hope he doesn't mind =\
                            seeing it says copyright up in the corner

Comment

Working...
                            X