radio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radio question

alright were do I start. I picked up a 97 protege about a month ago and i'm just cleaning it up to sell. The first thing I noticed was the volume knob wouldnt adjust the volume. So i picked myself up a Bose stock cd player for it. Now i can adjust the volume but it doesnt get all that loud. So I put all new speakers in the car and nothing. I got better sound but not the volume. Also the light on the radio will turn off when the headlights are on and turn on when the headlights are off. How do I fix these problems? I think it has alot to do with the wiring behind the radio but I have no idea were to even start.
    Last edited by snakedoc98; 03-15-2009, 05:04 PM.

the first thing i would check is the wiring behind the radio head unit-i would pull it out and make sure that the wires are connected right (ie,if the blue is connected to the blue) and so on-that would be my first suggestion.
    Originally posted by Kitty
    3 tears probably wont be that visible when installed greatly asseverated by me fingering them in the pics
    Originally posted by almighty4wd
    .......Dude. You own an ECONOBOX. It is not a racecar....

Comment

the only problem with that is some jacknut rewired the radio and made them all green!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snakedoc98 View Post
        the only problem with that is some jacknut rewired the radio and made them all green!!!!
        Interesting. I would say that your problem likely lies directly behind your head unit. I can't imagine that "green" wires are ran throughout the car. They have to be spliced somewhere nearby.

Have any pictures?
        miss my '93 LX at every corner
        photo album
        Catch me on Facebook

Comment

WOW!!!! I started chasing wires through out the car and there is tin foil holding wires together. I have a feeling thats were my problem lies.
          Last edited by snakedoc98; 03-16-2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

lies not lays

grammar ftl...

good luck with the wiring man!
            2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
            1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
            X