Headlight Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asylum24
    hey turbo, are there moldings underneath the 97-8 headlights between the bumper and the lights like on the 95-6? just wondering what the complete list is so I can start a list of what to get since im tired of these damn plastic things.
    Its not a molding, it just a piece of plastic covering the gap between the headlight and the bumper. 97-98 did not feature them, because the headlights were on the same level as the top of the bumper.
    "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

ok well thats all i needed to know pretty bad that im gonna be spending this much money on just headlights... waht are the cost of JDM lights anyway? 200-300?

Comment

$250 + $100 for corners

Comment

I would say, your better off getting a set of ECE units and odin a custom set of headlights like Andy329 did for his Pro...cheaper, and more custom...less work too!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

or, take the plastic cover off your OEM headlights, and make a new clear cover out of plastic...not cheapo plastic, youd have to get good quality stuff. Youd be the first person with clear 95/6 headlights!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
            Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Eeasier said than done.

Comment

or try a set from 95-8 Sentra/200sx...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

sand down the diffracted lens, wet sand, plastic polish, but thats so much time and sore arm to deal with. my roomate tried it for his projector project on his car but gave up, but it has been done and can come out really nicely.
                  95 ES
                  05 S60R

Comment

The part that would need to be sanded is on the inside of the lense. You'd have to disassemble the assembly to smooth the inside surface.
                    '98 ES - For Sale!

Comment

well **** 350$'s +300(fenders and splashguard and the other stuff) thats 650 just to have clear lights.... ****ing gay.

Comment

well **** 350$'s +300(fenders and splashguard and the other stuff) thats 650 just to have clear lights.... ****ing gay.
                        then you got to paint what needs to be painted on top of that.

why not just by my car and save yourself the trouble of needing to upgrade. hehehe
                        Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                        FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                        Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

y are u selling your beauty?

Comment

y are u selling your beauty?
                            it's not a family orientated car anymore. never thought i'd say this but "too much power". Its a racer now in both looks and feel. I'd be too tempted to want to put it to use and romp on it next to a civic or what not. that over 250 hp with only 2500 lb curb weight. i need something more mild, more functional,.

The car needs an enthuist that will take advantage of it. Not a daddy to baby it.
                            Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                            FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                            Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

if I had 10k it would already be here are u going to get another protege or get some minivan?

Comment

Originally posted by lotsacars
                                The part that would need to be sanded is on the inside of the lense. You'd have to disassemble the assembly to smooth the inside surface.

um yeah... i was quite aware of that.
                                95 ES
                                05 S60R

Comment

Working...
                                X