This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*ignoring the previous waste of forum*

You can buy higher wattage bulbs (actual higher wattage, not fake 65>125 crap) but they are "for off road use only". They run about $15/pair. I used them for awhile in my old 626, and while they worked great, they periodically blew out(like every 6 months).
    Replacing them got tediously expensive for a poor college student.
    Never melted a harness or housing though.

I'm running the Sylvania Silverstars now...had them in for about a year. Nice white light, not blue. Around $30 for the pair. I wouldn't say they work any better or worse then stock bulbs, I just prefer the color. Especially since my plastic headlights are slightly yellowing. And when paired with standard halogens, it's just too yellow.

Comment

Wow... this is like Jerry Springer. Next up, we have a surprise for you. We've armed Edwin with an Uzi and placed him in the bedroom behind dip****'s computer. Let's see what happens!

Comment

Mine are yellowing as well, which is why I bought the blackout headlight covers. I did not want to fool around with putting the fixture in the oven to get apart to clean. Stock bulbs produded such a yellow color I didnt like.

Comment

And by the way, if edwin has an uzi...tell him to bring it I have a flamethrower

Comment

I did that as well with my bulbs. One of each in, and it is clearly different.

Comment

someone please lock this thread, for the love of god

Comment

magicfox32,

You don't have to show appreciation for my helpful, useful and informative post because virtue is its own reward.

02 DX Millenium Red
                02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Well I appreciate anyone who is helpful.

Comment

I hate people that try to be perfect.... TheMan

Comment

If i can see better, then I will use the bulbs, I think TheMan drives at night with no headlights just so he can talk a bunch of garble that nobody wants to hear.

Edwin must be blind.

Comment

Well you better keep lookin then Edwin

Comment

Oh good lord...arguing about lightbulbs?? There should be an age restriction for people to post on forums...

dr_"I just felt my IQ drain by reading this thread"_sarcasm.

P.S. magicfox32, if you're going to argue your point in an intelligent manner, I suggest you come up with more points of contention (rather than to reverting to the childlike quality of lashing out to those who may possess more knowledge than you). Merely a suggestion, do with it as you wish, either way I don't really care.
                          "I haven't seen a beatin' like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose."

Comment

Today's Lesson

Listen to what TheMAN has to say or be afraid, be very afraid. Expose your ignorance to TheMAN and he will smite you until you desist. Rejoice that TheMAN sees fit to correct your errant thoughts.

02 DX Millenium Red
                            02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
                            MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
                            MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
                            Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
                            MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
                            Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
                            Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
                            Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
                            Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
                            Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
                            Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
                            Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
                            Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Well I will go back to what I said earlier, if I percieve a bulb to be brighter then others I think I can make the decision to use that bulb or not. TheMan jumped on me right away by saying what i said to be bull**** I can take opinion but I dont apreciate what he said.

It cannot get any simpler then that.

Comment

Seriously, why don't you guys both just give it a rest now? We've heard both sides, neither of you is going to agree with the other, let's move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X