Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what the hell's going on w/ the carbon hoods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh yeah, they will be keeping the mold as they need it to reproduce/make the hoods...

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

Originally posted by Clappy
      now are they gonna keep this mould? cause i would like one but i prolly won't purchase one till fall...
      ditto-

"Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die" -Thomas Callaway

Comment

Originally posted by K Dawg ONE
        Nope, its not too late. Patrick gets the first hood in about 3 weeks, then, they should be able to do a hood every week.
        More details to follow once I get more of them!
        Maybe we could make a list? Just copy and paste the list into your response and add your name. I was supposed to get the number of people interested a while ago, but, bleh, im lazy...lol:
        1-Patrick (pinoy323)
        2-Kris (K Dawg ONE)
        Did you forget that we had a list from people interested from God knows how long ago? Those people have to be contacted to find out if they are still interested.
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by Clappy
          actually the money that was pitched in was used for the donor hood...
          thank you captain obvious.
          of course the money that was pitched in went towards the donor hood. duhh
          i meant since the select few of us who actually pitched in for the hood, should get a discount, sarcastically speaking.
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

1-Patrick (pinoy323)
            2-Kris (K Dawg ONE)
            3-95pro
            Almost there

jdm tails... check
            jdm bumper... check
            ms lip... check
            ms grill... check
            ms sideskirts... check
            ms rear skirts... check
            ms spoiler... check
            ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
            Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

I would like one, mines all scratched up,.but probably not for at least two months.

Comment

Originally posted by Project323
                we already have a hood already in the makes. Kris found a guy out of Canada that is doing it for us.

The mold is already done or just about cured. They're working on the 1st hood now. Takes about 3 weeks til its done. I already have my name on it.... hehehe. then they'll be poping one out every 3 weeks. looks like it'll be about 400 US for the hood. all CF top bottom and everything in between. don't know what shipping is yet.

i'll get back to you on the details when i get them.
                whoa whoa, i was told that it was a fibreglass skeleton with a top layer of carbon fibre.... ?

also, will these hoods have rolled edges?

Comment

Yes, the hood will have rolled edges!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                  1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                  Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

1-Patrick (pinoy323)
                    2-Kris (K Dawg ONE)
                    3-95pro
                    4-donnie(don_don)

damn i would love to have it for the big show im in at the end of this month ....that would be sweet but guess ill have to wait....but i am a definate for one.

Comment

I'm def interested but wont have money for a while to get it. I also would like to see a pic of it first.

Comment

same

Comment

UPDATE!
                          Went and saw the molds for the hood yesterday (but forgot my camera, doh! )
                          I will get pics taken and sent to me to post!
                          We are almost there! The mold is the biggest step!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

i really wanna see this- i hope its cool.

Comment

well i was on the original gb even chipped in for the donor hood... but sadly as bruce can attest to i don't have the pro any more.. moved on to an mx-3.... i'd still love to see these hoods ... post some pics
                              In the Garage
                              Black 93 MX-3 GS
                              Bp powered
                              GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                              MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

My question is will they have different colored threads? I mean, is it possible to have blue threat instead of the natural black thread? Just wondering!
                                Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

Working...
                                X