Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what the hell's going on w/ the carbon hoods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, you can have different coloured weaves as well as even a kevlar weave if you wish. Of course, this will be extra money.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

How much extra we talking bout? 100? 50? lol just wanting to know since I want blue weave
      Don't have a car anymore... cry with me

Comment

I am not 100% sure...I will ask next time I talk to them.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
        Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

So.. whens the next time you've talked to them? is there even a hood produced yet? it'd be a shame if there wasn't.
          98 Protege SE
          -------------------
          1.5L Turbo

Comment

wow, this buy started in july

Comment

Actually, now Corksport has invested in the project.
              The CF part of the hood process is now being outsourced to another, larger company.
              The time problem before was that the guys doing the hood was their first hood. Also, its just two guys with a new start-up business. They both have full time jobs and a family so time was limited. The molds are done (which is the most time consuming part). Now, the actual hoods will be made by a company that can produce them quicker.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Might be interested in this. Hope pics are coming soon.
                ED
                '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Remember ... those that put there money down for the mold... way back when...are the ones with 1st dibs..

play the game fare..
                  photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
                    Remember ... those that put there money down for the mold... way back when...are the ones with 1st dibs..

play the game fare..
                    werd
                    Almost there

jdm tails... check
                    jdm bumper... check
                    ms lip... check
                    ms grill... check
                    ms sideskirts... check
                    ms rear skirts... check
                    ms spoiler... check
                    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

I still wanna see a pic

Comment

^^No pic to see as the hood is not done yet. The mold was not as ready as had been thought and needed a slight bit of work.
                        But, for a pic, its gonna look the same as your factory hood but made of CF (itll look like ANY Honda CF hood)

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

What was wrong with the mold?
                          ED
                          '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
                          Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
                          WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

^long story, but, its all good now!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

i want one so bad. but before i buy i must see pics
                              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                              |.....Overnight....................| ||
                              |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                              |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                              "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                              Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

any update on this carbon hood?

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
                                Mods:
                                DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
                                http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Working...
                                X