Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what the hell's going on w/ the carbon hoods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks like fiberglass. I thought the hood was supposed to be 100% pure carbon fiber. Am I wrong?

Comment

i believe it is fiberglass......

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
      Mods:
      DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
      http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Dudes, those are the molds.....LOL

Comment

Oh damn. lol Doh!

Comment

OK, so some interesting **** has gone down since my last post. Looks like there's been some poor communication on a couple of people's parts...but hey, not everyone is the goodest at comyounikayshuns adn grammor lyke mes.

Let's break it down...

Kris collected cash to buy a donor hood and get a mold made.

Kris made a poor decision to use the donor hood to fix his car.

Tim stepped up and offered his hood to Kris to make the mold.

Kris used Tim's hood and got the mold made.

Tim's hood was ruined in the process.

Kris sold his car and dumped the whole hood ordeal into Tim's lap.

Tim made arrangements with company for compensations for the hood.

Tim never got compensations and company seems to be avoiding the situation.

Tim was frustrated and decided to inform everyone there will be no hoods made and he's out his hood.

**** hits the fan.

Seems like Kris did do his job...the only thing left to do is for Kris to hand over the donor hood money to Tim to compensate for his ****ed up hood.

All contact information is posted above and anyone can pickup the project from here on in.

This should've been brought up earlier, but **** happens.

There was a mold made with the donor hood money, so thats fair.

Everyone reads this post thoroughly before hitting the reply button.
            My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
            - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mike_moss
              OK, so some interesting **** has gone down since my last post. Looks like there's been some poor communication on a couple of people's parts...but hey, not everyone is the goodest at comyounikayshuns adn grammor lyke mes.

Let's break it down...

Kris collected cash to buy a donor hood and get a mold made.

Kris made a poor decision to use the donor hood to fix his car.

Tim stepped up and offered his hood to Kris to make the mold.

Kris used Tim's hood and got the mold made.

Tim's hood was ruined in the process.

Kris sold his car and dumped the whole hood ordeal into Tim's lap.

Tim made arrangements with company for compensations for the hood.

Tim never got compensations and company seems to be avoiding the situation.

Tim was frustrated and decided to inform everyone there will be no hoods made and he's out his hood.

**** hits the fan.

Seems like Kris did do his job...the only thing left to do is for Kris to hand over the donor hood money to Tim to compensate for his ****ed up hood.

All contact information is posted above and anyone can pickup the project from here on in.

This should've been brought up earlier, but **** happens.

There was a mold made with the donor hood money, so thats fair.

Everyone reads this post thoroughly before hitting the reply button.
              what are you trying to say? (maybe I should have read your post more thoroughly before hitting the reply button). :p:

Darren - Scarborough
              2002 - Midnight Blue P5
              Sparkco Exhaust, Injen CAI, Tein S-Tech Springs, 17" White ADR DV8s, Brembo Cross-drilled Cadmium plated Rotors, KVR Carbon Fiber Pads, Autoexe Replica Grill, Autoexe Replica Lip, Accolade Eyelids, Custom Graphics by www.signnetwork.com, Yellow Lamin-X Fogs, Blaupunkt MP3000 H/U, Bazooka EL8A Bass Bin, RSD Racing Seats (yet to be installed), Smoked tails, Smoked Bumper Lenses, White interior Trim accents, Tints, OBX Tomcat Shifter, Body Colour-matched pedals, Yellow calipers,..stuff.

Comment

Well, I guess Moss sumed it up pretty good!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
                Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

first off, i was never promised a hood.

second, the hood was rushed back because kevin at Essential wanted it back.

third. I was not out to cheat anyone out of money. I donated my hood to get this mold made for everyone. So don't say **** about me not caring about anyone on this board. I was trying to help you as well.

I'm not selling my cars. I have a messed up hood. And i emailed you and the company so you could figure out what they are up to.. Seems you talk to him all the time, and they won't reply to me....

I never expected a free hood.. the deal was the same as yours... never free.. Now i don't even want a carbon hood.. I just want a replacement OEM hood..

I felt that people on here should know what happened to their money and the hoods. No benefit for me.. What are they gonna do? Drive up to woodstock or London.. doubt it..
                  98 Protege SE
                  -------------------
                  1.5L Turbo

Comment

Tim, your hood was the donor hood. I spoke with Kris and he said he'd send the money that was collected for the donor hood in the first place to you. All in all, Kris fulfilled all his duties as promised (although sucked at communicating and keeping everything up to date).
                    My ClubProtege.com Feedback Thread

MOSI Race Dynamics
                    - Aftermarket Parts Sales & Services MOSI Race Dynamics Feedback Thread

Comment

I need help finding a short ram intake for my 1.5L protege 98, one that accomodates my mass air flow meter and oxy sensor or do i need this custom fabricated

Comment

This thread is not about short ram intakes for the 1.5L Protege.
                        Use the search button.

Comment

Working...
                        X