Originally posted by jnorion
    Let's see:

Intake - 2 hp
    Headers - 8 hp
    Exhaust - 3 hp
    Tranny cooler - 2 hp?
    Engine - 92 hp

Total: 107 hp

I am being generous. And that's not at the wheels.
    So why is this guy putting out more than this when he dyno'd
    (2ndGen Dyno Thread)

Please keep in mind that this guy has an 2nd Gen ES and LX. He Dynoed the LX and listed the mods. He didn't mention header though. Don't know if it's manual.

I am contacting him tonight to see what other mods he's done.
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
      So why is this guy putting out more than this when he dyno'd
      (2ndGen Dyno Thread)

Please keep in mind that this guy has an 2nd Gen ES and LX. He Dynoed the LX and listed the mods. He didn't mention header though. Don't know if it's manual.

I am contacting him tonight to see what other mods he's done.
      Is he from Canada?
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

That guy has not posted dyno sheets.
        He has a third gen ES not a second gen ES
        He might be from Canada but it doesn't say.
        All it says is NoVaH........... Nova scotia perhaps?? however he also says that he's got 1.8l fuel rail and injectors on his car.......... Not something that you'd brag about if you already had the 1.8l unless maybe they were injectors and a rail from the BPT. More than likely he's from the U.S. I'm not even sure if the injectors and the rail would fit on a z5. The injectors maybe but I think that the fuel rail would be too long for the z5
        My mods incluce, ebay generic intake (in fact bigger than manufacturer intakes), 2 1/2 inch custom made exhaust, 1.8L Fuel Injectors, Nology Spark Plugs, 1.8L Fuel Rail, Honda Radiator Rigged on , and some other **** I can't really remember.
        Saying he's got a 1.8l fuel rail and injectors makes me think he's got a 1.5l however the fact taht he says he's done "some other **** that he can't remember" makes me wonder, also he never posted a dyno sheet.

One last thing he's like 16 years old. He's probably just some punk thats trying to be the mack.

PS. On another one of his posts he said that he does all the work on his car and that he's got an all motor CRX. Fine, maybe he does. But he also posted that he's got a LS Integra motor which he states is a non Vtec motor, maybe it is, I don't know but he apparently converted the block to engage Vtec at 5000rpm. I don't know much about Hondas but wouldn't you have to modify convert the head to a VTEC head?
        Last edited by midnightblue97; 08-09-2004, 03:26 PM.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I'm pretty sure he's from the US. NoVA is usually short for North Virginia. And since he's around the area I know the B&T motorsports should he's talking about.

The club i'm in over here's planning to go down there for a dyno day.

Damn you're right he is young. But young doesn't always mean they lack knowldge. I always try not to underestimate people unless they prove they don't know anything.

How do u know if it's a 3rd gen ES. I don't see it statre it's a 2nd gen ES either though. I guess I'm assuming he's since he posted in the 2nd gen section, but that only definetly applys to the LX.

PM'd the guy. Hope to here something soon.
          ED

Comment

Originally posted by loganss
            I'm pretty sure he's from the US. NoVA is usually short for North Virginia. And since he's around the area I know the B&T motorsports should he's talking about.
            Damn you're right he is young. But young doesn't always mean they lack knowldge. I always try not to underestimate people unless they prove they don't know anything.

How do u know if it's a 3rd gen ES.

North Virginia o.k. that makes some sense.
            in aonther one of his posts he states he's got a 2002 ES
            If you're wondering about my other 2 cars...My daily driver is a 2002 Protege ES
            Also you are correct, just because he is young doesn't mean he doesn't know about cars. And he could very well have 3 cars and so on.
            I can only doubt that to a certain extent. But I find that some of the stuff I listed above sounds a little fishy.
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

but I wonder why he didn't mention what he is controling the BP injectors with. The BP injectors flow more than the Z5 injectors and would only cause the car to run extra rich.. Running to rich can't help power. He doesn't have that many mods to really even justify the extra injectors.

----------------------
              He does have a 1.5 ... it's a 96 lx.
              ________
              Yo, I've got 3 cars. 2 of them which are project cars.

I'm looking to find the 1.8L J-Spec BP-Turbo Motor to drop in my 96 LX, however I'm having lots of trouble. Yes, I've searched, I'm
              a member of Honda-tech and stuff and I'm not an idiot haha. Any help is appreciated.

If you're wondering about my other 2 cars...My daily driver is a 2002 Protege ES.
              Last edited by bruce95fmla; 08-09-2004, 04:16 PM.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

And I thought I was over analyzing that post

Comment

I'd still be interested in seeing a dyno sheet.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

i read about his dyno post on protegclub.com a couple of weeks ago, personally i think this kid or whatnot is full of ****. "some other mods i can't remember..." "modified the block..." for vtec. when's the last time anyone met a 16yr old with those kind of credentials?...me never. sorry for flaming/venting, i had to get that out of my system.
                    Almost there

jdm tails... check
                    jdm bumper... check
                    ms lip... check
                    ms grill... check
                    ms sideskirts... check
                    ms rear skirts... check
                    ms spoiler... check
                    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

I don't know about u guys but when I was sixteen I spent a whole lot of time I killed playing video games and talking to females. School work wasn't overly hard then.

Maybe he's just really devoted to cars and has been ripping them apart n building them up young.

I know I'm reaching guys.

I'm still curious if he means what he says.

That dyno sheet would make for a good read.
                      Last edited by loganss; 08-09-2004, 08:26 PM.
                      ED

Comment

So any one dyno there 2nd Gen Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mig360m
                          So any one dyno there 2nd Gen Pro
                          I'm sure other people on this board must have in order to know what number each part puts out, but I'm not in that category.

I'm gonna try and dyno sometime this year. I'll def post when I do.
                          ED

Comment

What does it cost to dyno?

Ill do it if it is cheap....

But you guys cant laugh when put the sheet on here and it says something like 99 hp @ 5600RPM or something like that

lol.

Comment

Average dyno session costs about $60. But I am wondering where this guy's dyno sheet is?

Comment

My friend car has 104Hp & 116ft/T and he makes 16.7sec on the 1/4 mile.

Comment

Working...
                                X