No announcement yet.

installed my a/f gauge today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

being too rich isn't bad but being too lean can be dangerous (explosive). but you probably don't have to worry to much about that until you get your turbo
    Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
    FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
    Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

In NA, rich (closed loop) is bad...my car runs rich, i dont know why, and my engine stalls out alot...
      Not so much now on the sunnoco 94, but, it did today!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
      1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
      Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

yeah I have a hard time getting the car to go past stoich . Only when I am warming the car up does it go into Rich... Which is a good thing (frigin burning my gas:p: )

I have been thinking of buying a single pod and mounting the pod on top of the steering column and fiberglassing it in , with some advice from blue_ledz

I also want a boost gauge and a egt gauge. I may want to keep an eye on the engine coolant temp. also ...

Is there no electro thingy that can keep an eye on all or most of these things simultaneously
        Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Hey B,
          Maybe you should try these...

A bunch of gauges in one convient spot!

S7 5" TACH 4-IN-1 How do you improve on an already phenomenal design. Well we did by creating the S7 Multi-Tachometer. The Multi Tachometer utilizes all of the same design features as the standard S7 Tachometer as well as integrates oil temperature, oil pressure, and water temperature measurements into the background of the gauge. Built in Shift Light.
          Last edited by K Dawg ONE; 09-25-2003, 08:13 PM.

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

i'm not quite sure but i think the apex a/f regulator does, unfortunatley it does work with your mass air flow sensor. the voltage range isn't compatible. i'm sure i talked with you about the bruce. ours goes from 0 to 7 whereas the apex can only go up to 5.

maybe they updated it, but yeah check it out
            Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
            FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
            Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

Damn, I remeber you telling me about the s-afc .. hmm I know that they have another one out. I wonder what are the chances of that working. I will have to look around. Because for sure I want to be in control of my feul. I don't just want a FPR in there..
              Bruce
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
              X