No announcement yet.

Oil in Air intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have replaced the pcv valve with oem mazda replacement from Lakeland Mazda. My car doesn't smoke so i wouldn't think it was the rings. My car doesn't even have 80,000 miles yet and engine runs strong. Had it compression tested a month ago and was still ok. Maybe a bad pcv valve from the factory?
    Last edited by protegeracer; 11-17-2004, 08:36 AM.
    98 Protege LX 5speed
    ACT Street Clutch Kit w/ hd pressure plate
    Custom catback exhaust
    Custom Intake
    Proline 16x7 wheels and hanook ventus lp tires
    Custom Mesh Grill
    Clear Corner Lights
    Custom M3 LED Mirrors
    Corksport Familia Badging from 99 pro
    Custom Flip Flop Trunk
    Arospeed Gt Black Aluminum Wing
    Hose Techniques hosing kit
    Custom Valve Cover
    Ngk IX Plugs/ Ngk Plug wires
    Kenwood KDC-MP528 head unit
    2 Mtx 12'' Subs sealed enclosure Mtx 250W class D amp
    Coming Soon Erebuni Shark Style Kit

Comment

it is simple

replace the pcv valve with OEM part. if you will look closely at the valve cover the hose in the corner is a crankcase air circulation or "blowoff" if you will. and by the poor placement oil does tend to collect there. so like i said put the OEM PCV valve on and/or the lil air compressor filter thinggy. if all else fails just put a rubber cap on the two ends. i dont think it will hurt a thing.
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
      X