• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know someone who found it....

Comment

Well guess what.

Comment

Haha sorry intruder, I don't think you have those lights so you don't know exactly what we're talking about - The signal lights on '95 and '96 models were on the lower front bumper- and the covers have screws in them.

The lights you found on E-bay are the side-marker lights that don't have a screw holding them in, and are quite a bit smaller than the front turn-signals. If this picture works, you can see exactly what we are talking about- the amber one that is lit up on the left of my car is the one you found. Those nasty orange markers that take up a large portion of our front bumpers are what we are talking about.

I think starting with the 97 model they got rid of those lights and turned our corner "parking light" into the turn signal, which makes more sense to me.

So yeah, hopefully somebody finds the part or figures out if bleaching works!

Attached Files
        95 2gen LX 5-speed
        Sony 52X4 HU
        Alpine 6x9's on the rear deck, Sony Xplod 6.5's in front
        NGK Spark Plug wires and Iridium IX Plugs
        Euro Reverse Glow Guages and Carbon Fiber Bezel
        ( My guages work now!)

Comment

OH damn! Sorry guys.

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
            i know someone who found it....
            pigeon, who is your source?

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
            Mods:
            DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

Originally posted by beetle_orange
              pigeon, who is your source?
              I was.

Comment

oh i see.....

Mods:
                DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

use this to translate: http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

i've tried to order some for the lantis/familia CBA12 about 5 years ago, but they wouldn't let me. some of you might remeber this post from the OLD protegetech days. bruce probably remembers.

*edit*
                  i'm not too sure if any of them fit though
                  Last edited by 95pro; 02-03-2005, 04:14 PM.
                  Almost there

jdm tails... check
                  jdm bumper... check
                  ms lip... check
                  ms grill... check
                  ms sideskirts... check
                  ms rear skirts... check
                  ms spoiler... check
                  ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                  Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

95pro, did you sand your already?

Mods:

Comment

not yet, will do this weekend. i don't think its going to work. i think the orange lense is made up of orange plastic. its not tinted or anything like that. so if keep sanding, new layers of orange will still show up. understand what i'm saying?
                      Almost there

jdm tails... check
                      jdm bumper... check
                      ms lip... check
                      ms grill... check
                      ms sideskirts... check
                      ms rear skirts... check
                      ms spoiler... check
                      ms struts... check

Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

best to use the material used in office lighting..the cover that diffuses the bulb..that's what andy used..

first thing he did was break off the original lens, cleaned the assembly of the amber lens then used the office material, heated it up, etcetc, used silicon and voila...

ProtegetechPhilippines Boy MazdaspeeD MyCaR

Comment

VOTE FOR ME

You Don't Work, You Don't Eat, You Don't Grind, You Don't Shine

Comment

i have begun to do this project. the lenses are a PAIN to cut! they are so brittle! i will post pictures if i am successful.

Mods:

Comment

i removed my amber lenses a long time ago. no cutting require.

sanding and bleach DO NOT work. now, since i live in az, have just left one lense on top of my porch. and we'll let nature take care of it. eventually it has to turn clear, the only down side is that the lense will probably be very brittle.

i also have something else in the works too.
                              Almost there

jdm tails... check
                              jdm bumper... check
                              ms lip... check
                              ms grill... check
                              ms sideskirts... check
                              ms rear skirts... check
                              ms spoiler... check
                              ms struts... check

Comment

how did you remove the amber lense? i have started to pry it but put it off cuz it occured to me that if i cracked the amber lense and could not cut a clear lense (cuz of their brittleness) then i would end up with a no lense signal light. unfortunately i think i've pried it enough for water to get in so this has got to work.

Mods:

Comment

Working...
                                X