No announcement yet.

Air Intake System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stefan, you're cold air intake is masterful in my opinion. I'm attempting to make my own cause I have a shop that can mandrel bend the piping for me, but do you know the length of the pipe and angles used. Silicon couplings and the fasterners will be easy to procure along with a filter, just need the specs.
    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

it's two 90 deg bends and the straight pipe is just under 9"
      although i highly recommend you have the car there to test fit as you build it. mind you if it aint exact it won't matter, that's what silicon joiners are for

oh yeah, forgot - 2.5" pipe. don't be tempted to go bigger than your t/b.....

Comment

i recomend not getting an intake from weapon R off ebay. i bought one and it dident fit, and then weapon R wouldent let me return it and the guy we bought it from wouldent refund my money. but i used the civic intake, with a bit of cutting, and hte removal of your battery box it will fit good.
        www.teamvizions.net

Comment

Originally posted by northeast_mazda
          i recomend not getting an intake from weapon R off ebay. i bought one and it dident fit, and then weapon R wouldent let me return it and the guy we bought it from wouldent refund my money. but i used the civic intake, with a bit of cutting, and hte removal of your battery box it will fit good.
          Sorry to hear about that, but if you would have researched the forum, you would have known that prior. Weapon R intakes are made only for 1.8L 2nd gen Protege. You can make it fit for 1.5L engine, but why pay all this money, and then spent extra on modifications?
          "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            It's not important how many languages you speak.
            What's important is the skill of being able to do a search before you post about something as simple as an intake system.
            I think what was really important is that apparently he didn't even read this thread or he would have gotten his answer without searching.
            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

yeah, i figured it would fit, but i dont think it would fit in a 1.8L either, well unless the coolent thing wasent there. but with the MAF even if it did fit, it would have been way too long anyways.
              www.teamvizions.net

Comment

Thanks for the tips, i think im going to get some exhaust tubing, and measure it all out, bring it to my friends shop to bend it where needed. The tubing isnt very expensive so i'm actually to do a project on this thing rather than talk about it.
                I just replaced my old front bumper and i definitly saw how airtight that area is, so not worried about that. i still have my old front bumper, so im thinking i might be able to cut it up, warm parts and bend it into a plastic duct and maybe take some air from the bumper opening and send it there, but im not positive about clearances. oh well, we will see. thanks again!

Mods:
                JDM Headlights + Corners
                JDM Tailights
                1st Gen LX Black Wheels
                Shaved Side Mouldings
                Second hand 'High-Flow' Muffler
                Cone Filter
                KYB GR-2's + Perf Lowering Springs
                E-Bay front strut bar
                Gauge cluster swap w/ Tach + Indiglo gauges
                40% Tint on side windows, 20% on rear
                and the best custom 3rd brake light overlay...'ZOOM'

Comment

i've been reading the thread and i've come the conclusion that it would be best if i go to a local shop and get one made. cause i don't want t make me own, most likely i mess up my car. lol but im learning
                  Chillac has been there... I think

Comment

Originally posted by Chillac
                    i've been reading the thread and i've come the conclusion that it would be best if i go to a local shop and get one made. cause i don't want t make me own, most likely i mess up my car. lol but im learning
                    Making one on your own is easy, you just have to be creative and measure everything properly. Get some PVC pipe in the same diameter as the Throttlebody, and get some couplers and clamps and make the pvc pipes match the layout of the stock intake, and make sure you put the MAF in there oh and the IAT sensor, and make sure it doesn't rub on anything important, like the masterbreak cyclinder...

you know what? That is hard. All I did was drilled a bigass hole in the air box and threw in a K&N. Ghetto Fab! and all my sensors are in place.
                    Thanks for noticing me
                    Alpha pro- 02 MP5, bling free
                    Beta Pro- 98 pro es, aka slowburn

Comment

Working...
                    X