Damn near ran out of gas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn near ran out of gas...

So I am driving the Protege last night as I needed to run to Kmart for a few things and then go pick up my food. So after the cute register girl gets done flirting with me I run out to the car, jump in , throw it in first and boom I am out . Get on the highway in 1st, hit 2nd get to about 4 grand and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, car feels like it hit a brick wall.. okkkkaaayy.. then power comes back I go in third, little bit of gas and whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam, another brick wall... got damit .. I couldn't figure it out, till I looked down at the gas gauge. lol ... E... it's on E, and resting on the dang notch.. Shoot I forgot to get gas.

Oh well I get a couple more whaaaaaaaaaaaaaam's till I get to the gas station and fill up.. After I fill up the car runs normally... lol

It's odd because with each time the engine ran out of gas, if I didn't have my seat belt on. I think I would have hit my head on the windshield.
    That's how hard it hit.
    Good thing I drive all the time with the belts on.

photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Originally posted by Astyl
    a little overconfident are we
    dont you know??!?!? Bruce is a sex machine!
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

lol, i usually eyeball the gas guage ALOT ever since i was driving down to Arizona in the middle of no where at like midnight i ran out of gas lol cell phone didint work it was scary as hell out there and like no cars would pass me for hours at a time.....finally in the daytime some dude stopped and he had a truck and a tow rope and towed me to the nearest gas station which was like 40 miles away lol

Comment

lol when i first got ot maine i had no idea that all the gas station closed at like 9pm, lol and i was driving from ct, so i hit the maine border,and my little gas light was on, so i got off like very exit on the interstate looking for gas stations, all of them were closed, lol i finally found one in the middle of gos knows where after like closeto an hour of searching, lol its a ****ty feeling for sure.
        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
        225.94wtq
        torque monster!!!!
        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

all that was mentioned happened to me too just last october on my way to new york with my brother. after looking for a gas station i finally found one wherein the pump was like 500 years old and the gas station literally looked something like from the twilight zone.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
          Mods:
          DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
          http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Comment

lol ..

yeah, well I guess with the me not driving the protege on Sat and most of sunday, the tank being empty, and also the 5 degree cold weather.. There was condensation in my tank.. So that didn't make matters better. after a while of driving ... whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam .. It's like hitting a brick wall at frigin 50 miles an hour.. Your seat belt literally holds you in.

I got some of that water evaporator stuff, ( damn I forgot the name).. and put some super in the car.. Then it pretty much went away. I will drop another bottle in the car and fill it up when I leave work today..

my 323 needs a radiator, which I wasn't expecting. So I can't drive it, and now the damn battery is dead .. Cheap ass Autozone.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Originally posted by Astyl
              a little overconfident are we

yes Sir, I stay Overconfident. I have to be like this, I can't see being any other way.

Just like your confident enough to post a mustang drag video on a protege site. Knowing most people may, or may not care for it.

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
              X