Speed Sensor ECU Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Sensor ECU Pin

Can anyone help me with this pin number please? Someone who has an FSM?
    I'm wiring in my avc-r and i have found everything except the speed sensor pin.

Now my battery is died while I was out driving around trying to find the pin so I thought I'd ask for help......

oh yeah, it's the 1995 bp 1.8l

Regards,
    Stefan
    Last edited by Stefan; 01-24-2005, 11:04 PM.

Hehe i had trouble finding mine 2 but i have a 98 so its diffrent. Ill do some research and let ya know
    sigpic

Comment

much appreciated. i went out and tried driving with one hand while holding the wire to each consecutive pin with the other which was pretty hairy to say the least and i just didn't find it but i know it's in there somewhere......

Comment

ok its gonna be 4N (Y/V) or 4F (V/G). Judging from what i did, my money is on 4N. but make sure you get a really good connection cause its very sensitive, so get out the soldering gun!
        sigpic

Comment

umm, those pins come from the distributer. 4n is for god knows what but 4f is the tach feed - it's giving me a lovely rpm signal.

the speed sensor (VSS) isn't covered in the wiring diagram i have so i'm completely lost....

******************** EDIT **************************
          Okay, so I finally found it.

Here is the breakdown for anyone interested in finding these pins in the future.....
          NOTE: Wire Colours may differ between vehicles BUT THE PINS WILL REMAIN THE SAME FOR ALL 2nd Gen 1.8l BPs - open up your ecu to find the pin numbers...

Key on Power - Pin: 4B - Color: White/red
          Ground - Pin 4A (I think also 4C and 4D but I used 4A) - Color: Black/green (4C Black/orange and 4D Black/yellow)
          Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS - the tricky one!) - Pin: M - Color: Green/red
          RPM/Tach - Pin: 4F - Color: Purple/green
          Throttle (TPS) - Pin: 3F - Color: Blue/yellow

There you go folks!
          Last edited by Stefan; 01-26-2005, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Doh, sorry bout that. Dunno why i was thinking RPM
            sigpic

Comment

Just to clarify a mispost... The speed sensor IS covered in the ecu wiring diagram - it just isn't labelled in any way that would indicate what it does.

Comment

what is it labelled as...cause i am searching for it on my Z5 ecu...i need it to send a signal to my greddy turbo timer
                Assumption is the mother of all fcukups

Comment

i think it's the same pin on the z5 - 1M, Green/Red

Comment

Because i didn't know it existed
                    Assumption is the mother of all fcukups

Comment

Working...
                    X