Maybe someone knows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe someone knows

this afternoon as i was leaving work i turned my fan switch to 1 then 2 and it sounded like there was either a paper inside or the fan was hitting something. it is coming directly behind the glove box compartment. there is still air coming out of the vents.

1996 1.5L Mazda Protege DX MTX
    Mods:
    DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/beetle_orange

Maybe a leaf inside the air duct?

Comment

take the blower motor out ( 3 screws ) ,useually it will be a leaf in it.
      98 protege lx 1.8l
      short ram intake custom
      crane hi-6 ign.
      14 miata alloy wheels
      .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

what part do i need to take out to get to the blower motor?

Mods:
        DX converted to an LX (F & R seats and All Power), 2" Exhaust from the Catback, EuroReverse Glow Gauges, JDM Clear Side Markers, 17" MB Motoring Rims, K&N air filter 33-2134, All Clear Lenses, Front Strut Bar, MS Sideskirts, JDM Taillights, JDM Turbo Diesel Hood Scoop, OEM Door Visors, and Ducktail.

Comment

im having that trouble in my 1st gen, its probably a leaf as well...

Comment

Maybe it's a squirrel? Or a dead kitten? Have you been masturbating lately? That would explain it.

Comment

Heres proof...
              Attached Files

Comment

another reminder to not, repeat DO NOT masterbate.........(in your car atleast)

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
                  Maybe it's a squirrel? Or a dead kitten? Have you been masturbating lately? That would explain it.
                  BUSTED!

unfortunately its gotten cold here so i dont know if i'll just leave it be until next year. if someone has done this pls give a heads up on things i need to take out so i wont be staying out in the cold trying to figure out what parts to remove.
                  Last edited by beetle_orange; 11-14-2005, 09:33 AM.

Mods:

Comment

If you look under the passeger side of the dash you will see a round section of the heater this is the blower motor ( has a wire connector with large blue wires) that is held in with three phillips screws unplug the connector ,remove the screws and the blower will come down and out with some wiggling .
                    98 protege lx 1.8l
                    short ram intake custom
                    crane hi-6 ign.
                    14 miata alloy wheels
                    .50 over pistons and some other tricks .

my protege

Comment

awesome so i dont need to take the glove box compartment then. thanks

Mods:

Comment

Why am I the only one that doesn't get the connection between his blower motor going bad and ? You know . Is it because of the word blower or something? I'm confused.

Comment

Working...
                        X