gutted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gutted...

I gutted the pro, trunk, backseats... everything in the back cd player, speakers,

also going to get a 2.5 inch exhaust from downpipe back

U took the spare out too? and the trunk padding?
    ED
    '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
    Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
    WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

is this just gonna be your race car or your daily driver??

Comment

Originally posted by Mazda96Protege
        is this just gonna be your race car or your daily driver??

thats one thing i dont get, why people go and STrip EVERYTHING out of there car, adn then still use it as a daily driver, lol i mean i could see if its a race car only but i mean how much faster would it really make your car if its a daily driver, is it worth the loss of comfort?

Comment

I've stripped my car out because I'm heading off to college next year and I won't be able to bring it with me. I still plan to keep it street legal though. Aside from extra road noise it shouldn't be in any way less comfortable.
          Ask me about engine management!

Comment

I've taken out my back seat, rear door panels, and floor door guards. I still drive the pro everyonce in a while. I don't want to take the spare out though.
            ED
            '05 6s 3.0L MT & '98 Pro DX 1.5L AT

Mazda Enthusiast Club Member
            Click for my CarDomain page

2nd Gen Protege Parts Catalog project in progress
            WTB: Gray 97/98 Protege Cupholder and Door Trim

Comment

Originally posted by Chad
              thats one thing i dont get, why people go and STrip EVERYTHING out of there car, adn then still use it as a daily driver, lol i mean i could see if its a race car only but i mean how much faster would it really make your car if its a daily driver, is it worth the loss of comfort?
              Yeh haha thats what im saying i can see people stripping out some stuff that you dont need but i mean when you go stripping the backseats/passenger seat then the car is pretty much worthless if you have a family cause no one else can ride with you, and in strutmans case he stripped out his cd player and speakers i dotn think they wieght enough to actually weight the car down so i would have left that in the car......i dont know what i would do with out music haha....

and loganss - yeh i woulditn want to take the spare out either, cause usually with my luck i would get a flat lol

Comment

According to my 1/4 mile calculator if you were to remove 100lbs and had the stock hp you would reduce your time by .24 seconds. That is aproximately the difference of 4 horsepower. Yeah 4 measily horspower for a completely gutted car. The backseat is a peice of foam. how much does that weigh? Their is absolutaly no point to gutting the car unless it is a track car which I would highly doubt.

I know it's spelled protege! I just can't change it. Deal with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Project Protoge
                  According to my 1/4 mile calculator if you were to remove 100lbs and had the stock hp you would reduce your time by .24 seconds. That is aproximately the difference of 4 horsepower. Yeah 4 measily horspower for a completely gutted car. The backseat is a peice of foam. how much does that weigh? Their is absolutaly no point to gutting the car unless it is a track car which I would highly doubt.
                  Exactly

Comment

i originally just took out my busted speakers, then i said hmmz i wonder... and it went from there... the car is no less comfortable though... i have 2 holes in the dash from the tape deck and cd player tho. i'll figure something out for that... blah... the front 2 seats are there
                    one for me and one for my girl which is usually the only people who ride in my car, i rarely have more than one person around who doesn't have a vehicle. The entire back is gutted, but the front is normal. no loss of comfort since i only have one other person in the car at a time. i never used my speakers much anyway.

Comment

oh and i left the spare donut...might need that and it wont make a difference... i do need to get a t bar or something tho for my lug nuts... damn aftermarket rims, so it's actually useless until i find one to fit them.

Comment

how can riding around with no cd player possably be comfortable lol

Comment

i never really use it anyway, i'd rather hear the world around me than listen to mindless crap

Comment

The sound of a BP or KL screamin at high rpm is way more music than a CD player could ever produce...and i'm a diehard audiophile and music fanatic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaRacer
                              The sound of a BP or KL screamin at high rpm is way more music than a CD player could ever produce...and i'm a diehard audiophile and music fanatic!!!!
                              Yeh, you do have a point there i would never turn on the radio if i could just listen to that, but unfortunatly if i dont have my music turned up loud enough i have to hear the Z5 struggling to get up to high rpm, and ontop of that my door panals seem to rattle lol, oh and my heatshield over my cat seems to rattle also (sounds horrible) so yeh i guess it all just depends haha
                              Last edited by Mazda96Protege; 11-19-2005, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X