No announcement yet.

second gen differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also think the center console on the 95 is different from the rest of the years... mine is kinda low but in the 95 it looks like it sticks way the hell up in the air

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
      I also think the center console on the 95 is different from the rest of the years... mine is kinda low but in the 95 it looks like it sticks way the hell up in the air
      You mean :
      The center console on the 95/96 protege is different from the 97/98 protege. The 95/96 positions the radio lower in the console and the 97/98 positions the radio further up in the console
      photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

wel that too but the arm rest was what I meant

Comment

on my 96 the arm rest sits up really high.
          really uncomfortable. all i did was unscrewed
          the lid, took it off. took off the top half of the rest and
          screwed the lid onto the bottom half that was left.

hope that makes sense. ill try to post pics.
          Mike A.

Comment

Hmmm....I hate the 97 armrest. There's not one. I'm not too tall but I'm not short. I don't the the arm rest because I can't rest my arm on it. It's too low. I know this isn't a difference but it's somethin I didn't know(I guess the point of this thread). Wish there were a 95 around here that I could see to see if I liked it or not.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
            Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
            I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

The 1995/1996 Mazda Protege has some blinker lights on the side of the car and as far as I know 1997/1998 don't have it. Are 95/96 the only years they have those orange lights on the side?

I just bought a nice 1996 Mazda Protege LX for 1,700 dollars. Only things wrong with it is the outside has a few minor scratches that I can fix. I will take pictures soon. It is loaded. I expected the car to have windows I would have to roll up.

It came with Anti-lock brakes, a/c, power windows, power locks, keyless stuff, power mirrors... I'd expect that stuff to be standard nowadays with almost all cars, but I didn't expect my 1996 car to be loaded with stuff that was considered a luxery to have back in those days.
              Last edited by St3althW4rrior; 11-02-2003, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Take a good look at the side lights.
                Top one is a 1996 Protege and the bottom is a 1997. The 97 doesn't have those orange lights on the bumper.

Look at the side of the bumper. See the lights now ya don't!
                Last edited by St3althW4rrior; 11-02-2003, 09:23 PM.

Comment

I am contibuting to this forum. You have problems!
                  Last edited by St3althW4rrior; 11-02-2003, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I know... I was just saying the 1996 portege has 2 blinker lights on each side of the front of the car omn the bumper. The 1997 protege has it right next to the headlight near the hood. That's obvious to me but oh well. I am done posting for a while. Not even my 5th post...

Comment

good thing about the 96 and 95 --> car came with clear corners

Comment

My clear corners are now my blinkers.
                        Those orange things that used to be my blinkers are no more!
                        Mike A.

Comment

I second that but I did it the easy way....I got a 2.5 gen. Muh ha haaa and I don't have those ugly things in my bumper either.

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
                          Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
                          I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

I dont ahve blinkers... or I didnt anyway.... the clear corners on my 96 became the blinkers for in the front... i have side markers ligned up wtih the trim wher LX used to be on the fenders and I didnt have hte orange blinkers cuz I had my kit..... now the orange things are back temporarily since I dont have my front end anymore.... but they arent hooked up... BTW... anyone know where I can get bulbs to fit the clear corners for the 96 that are bright? looks like **** to have bright headlights and clear side markers and ****ty bulbs in the corners

Comment

I just saw one 2nd gen. pro with golden "mazda" and "protege" emblems on a back . It didn't have a mazda sign though . Is it some kind of special eddition or what ?
                              98 protege LX for appearance
                              89 626 GT for performance

Comment

Originally posted by St3althW4rrior
                                The 1995/1996 Mazda Protege has some blinker lights on the side of the car and as far as I know 1997/1998 don't have it. Are 95/96 the only years they have those orange lights on the side?

I just bought a nice 1996 Mazda Protege LX for 1,700 dollars. Only things wrong with it is the outside has a few minor scratches that I can fix. I will take pictures soon. It is loaded. I expected the car to have windows I would have to roll up.

It came with Anti-lock brakes, a/c, power windows, power locks, keyless stuff, power mirrors... I'd expect that stuff to be standard nowadays with almost all cars, but I didn't expect my 1996 car to be loaded with stuff that was considered a luxery to have back in those days.
                                Do you have discs in the back ?
                                photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Working...
                                X