Is this what happens to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this what happens to you?

When it gets cold ur protege starts to drive like complete ****, bad idling, screaming belts, hard to shift out of park on cold starts. Any way to fix this ****? I got a new belt ordered from mazda, still screams on cold starts and while driving down teh road which is so sweet when other drivers are staring at you, lol.
    **SOLD**
    Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

I donno what to tell you man, lolz. If anything, i'd say to warm it up before you leave out, lolz. My car used to do that, but i brought it to the shop to get a new alternator + they tightened some bolts that held in the pulleys and it stopped. Maybe that's the problem?

Comment

I definetely have the bad idling problem. It shakes a lot when I idle and I can hear the muffler rattling. I dunno if it's just when it's cold cuz I only got it 2 weeks ago and it's always cold.

Comment

Tighten the belt.
        If you have a block heater, use it, if not, consider getting one.

Comment

yeah i think its not a big problem but the weather mine idles now at about 1800 when i start it and when its hot enough goes down to about less than 600. my engine screams 2 if i dont start it for days. just make sure to warm it if ur not in a hurry

Comment

I had a similar issue when i first got my 98 LX. The idle was rough all the time. Had a mechanic look at it, and didn't see anything major wrong. Replaced some parts, something having to do with the distributor, and it ran fine. the screaming belts annoyed the crap outa me. Just adjusted the tension on the belt and haven't had an issue since. I've been told that the car should idle around 500 rpm once warm.
            sigpic

Comment

yea iv had teh mechanics look at it and replaced teh belt 2 times and it still screams on cold starts and while im drivingf if i have my system up kinda loud, its annoying as ****.
              **SOLD**
              Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

Originally posted by Squeekster1 View Post
                I had a similar issue when i first got my 98 LX. The idle was rough all the time. Had a mechanic look at it, and didn't see anything major wrong. Replaced some parts, something having to do with the distributor, and it ran fine. the screaming belts annoyed the crap outa me. Just adjusted the tension on the belt and haven't had an issue since. I've been told that the car should idle around 500 rpm once warm.
                distributer cap right?
                **SOLD**
                Now in a 02 Focus ZX3

Comment

yeah, thats it. Problem was gone after that. Also replaced spark plug wires. Not sure if that was also an issue, but they did it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X