Follow OCD 1.8L Turbo Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCD...where in NC are you?

<marquee>'97 Tan LX 5-speed-Clear corners, "poor mans" grill, 15in. Gunmetal/Polished Konig Holes covered with Dunlop GT Qualifiers, B&M short shifter installed and lovin it, custom leather black leather boot, MazdaSpeed Shift knob, Eibach Pro-Kit, Custom cold air intake Head Unit-Pioneer DEH-3500MP Speakers-Sony Xplod XS-V1621(3-way)6.5s(Front Doors) Infinity 652i(2-way)6.5s(Rear Doors) Pioneer TS-A6990R(5-way)6x9s(Rear Deck) Amps-Kenwood KAC-7201/Pioneer GM-X352 Subs-2-JL 12 W3s in Dual box, redone LED 3rd brake light(doesn't look like crap anymore). More I.C.E. on the way.</marquee>
    Formerly '90 White Miata w/ 2 8" Laser Blue stripes
    I hate the short nose crankshaft. It took my car away from me.

Comment

Originally posted by MazdaMania
      OCD...where in NC are you?
      Rocky Mount
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
        Basicly, Yeah. All you would have to do is install the harness and plug and play.
        That and find the damn harness... lol ...
        ----------------
        I am about to get my hands on a 1.8 AT harness also, gonna get that and play with is a bit.
        Bruce
        photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Funny thing is .. You only really need the ECU,
          with some slight modification to the 1.5M harness or AT ... It will work fine.
          Well at least people have 2 options now...

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

hmmm...im intrigued by this thread now....

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
            1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
            Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

why?
              you already have the 1.8

Comment

Originally posted by pigeon
                why?
                you already have the 1.8
                Yeah, isn't it great??
                Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

hey, listen here "canadian"...

...**** bro, thats all i got
                  dammit

Comment

by modification what do you mean to the 1.5 harness? and why is it so hard to find the harness why would some one take the harness out of a car and not the engine and ecu? seriously thats what I dont understand I guess

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                      by modification what do you mean to the 1.5 harness? and why is it so hard to find the harness why would some one take the harness out of a car and not the engine and ecu? seriously thats what I dont understand I guess
                      The 1.5L and 1.8L have diffrent plugs for the MAF and the fuel rail. So to make a 1.5L harness work for a 1.8L you have to splice the wires to fit the 1.8L plugs. Its hard to find a 1.8L/MT harness for two reasons.
                      1. A 1.8L/MT 2nd gen protege is pretty damn rare.
                      2. Because alot of junkyards have a nasty habbit of cutting wire harnesses when they remove engines, making whats left of the harness useless.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
                        2. Because alot of junkyards have a nasty habbit of cutting wire harnesses when they remove engines, making whats left of the harness useless.
                        well that friggin ghey... wtf do they do that for the dumb SOB'S

edited cursing, by bruce
                        Last edited by bruce95fmla; 01-28-2004, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Yea thats what i said. they just do it cause its faster
                          sigpic

Comment

ocd...could you specify what year is the harness you need??? 1.8 at or mt...

Comment

Originally posted by T@ZZ
                              ocd...could you specify what year is the harness you need??? 1.8 at or mt...
                              He needs a 1.8 MT harness, but a 1.8 AT harness will also suffice.
                              Do you have access?
                              How much?
                              You may have two buyers

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Yea either AT or MT 95-98, only thing that matters is if its a 1.8L.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X