Follow OCD 1.8L Turbo Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pigeon
    when the timing belt was done, are you sure that the cam timing was dead on?
    also check if your egr is stuck slightly open
    (if the egr gets really hot to the touch at idle, it's stuck open)
    nah im sure thats all fine. i know its the tps and ics.
    sigpic

Comment

Well the BP swap is offically complete. Ive been so busy driving around and working on it that i havent been able to post : ). Im still waiting for the clutch to break in....ive had a hard time not gunning it lol. Turns out my TPS and Idle control theory was FUBAR. just to let yall know. The idle was bad and i was loosing electric power real bad so i thought it might be the battery or alternator. So i put in my girlfriends battery and the battery light in the dash was still on...i knew it was my alternator....So today i got a new one and put it in and it ran like a charm... The idle was still bad and i couldnt figure out why but it ended up i had a loose connection at the idle control valve. I fixed that and the idle was still funny because the timing is off : ( Ill try to borrow a timing light tomorrow and perfect it. Friday i went and got a MAF plug off a KIA that a local junkyard just got in the day before..So if yall need parts for a BP swap let me know. I also installed a walbro fuel pump to get ready for turbo. The car runs great and i already have one victory under my belt after an hour of driving it, lol. If all of you are wondering exactly how fast the BP in a protege is....just know you can run down a V6 camero. HAHAHA
      My custom harness is working great, everything works...VICS and all so im happy. Umm....I do have one more problem other than timing (however it might be related to timing though) the idle is fine in neutral(other than the timing) but when im braking the RPMS raise and drop...Anyone know why that could be? Its only when i press the break that this happens...Any help would be great. Im gonna go to bed now...my left leg is tired from pushing the clutch in all day. Im not used to a manual yet. Pictures will come soon and maybe a vid or two.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, awesome...
        Can't wait to see the pics and THE VIDS.
        Good luck fine tuning the car, and enjoy driving it!

Comment

told YA so...

The BP is fastaaaaaaaaar
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

Does your car have ABS? Otherwise, check the vaccuum line on the brake booster. I don't know how, but maybe that could do something?
            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Congrats dude, its good to hear that everything is working good now. Nice job.

Now hurry up and get that ****in turbo on there
              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
                Congrats dude, its good to hear that everything is working good now. Nice job.

Now hurry up and get that ****in turbo on there
                I concur

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                  I concur
                  WTF are you talking about.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
                    I concur
                    "do you concur?" "yes i concur"
                    Almost there

jdm tails... check
                    jdm bumper... check
                    ms lip... check
                    ms grill... check
                    ms sideskirts... check
                    ms rear skirts... check
                    ms spoiler... check
                    ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
                    Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

it's me guzzyla......how you been guys ? it's been a while, well to make it short ,i got my car running and i also did a bunch of upgrades to it, such as blow off valve from greddy,turbo timer,from mount intercooler ,computer upgrade, stage 2 clutch,and a few others ,i still don't know the amount of horses that it gained but, i'm guessing close to 200 hp .... For anyone that would like to do the bpt swap in a second gen , I beg you don't, cuz it'd be the biggest headache you'd get........same goes for money lost.

Comment

Originally posted by guzzyla
                        it's me guzzyla......how you been guys ? it's been a while, well to make it short ,i got my car running and i also did a bunch of upgrades to it, such as blow off valve from greddy,turbo timer,from mount intercooler ,computer upgrade, stage 2 clutch,and a few others ,i still don't know the amount of horses that it gained but, i'm guessing close to 200 hp .... For anyone that would like to do the bpt swap in a second gen , I beg you don't, cuz it'd be the biggest headache you'd get........same goes for money lost.
                        Now i concur.
                        But anyway quit thread crapping
                        sigpic

Comment

lol, thread crapping...

check your tps voltage at idle, you might have the sensor twisted too far forward
                          also, the idle gets weaker in our cars with an intake installed... thats jus something that a few people with the 5 speeds noticed

put on your defrosters and your heater and turn the steering wheel, does it do the same thing?

check your engine's vacuum...

it could still be the timing tho if you still have to fix that up

whats your engine's rpm... check it with a scan tool... some aftermarket tachs tend to be off between 50-200 rpm's

Comment

i concur with midnightblue to get the turbo done.... DUH!

Comment

Aight Rick James? What did the five fingers say to the face?

SLAP, BITCH!!

Haha just playing.

Anyway im still trying to get my idle right! its getting better and better but ive done as much as i can without a new idle control valve. Ill try to get one from a yard next week
                              sigpic

Comment

SLAP BITCH! Roll the DICE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X