Follow OCD 1.8L Turbo Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruce95fmla
    you will be ok ... it's 95/96 and 97/98 that seem to have the difference.

so you should be good.
    In Taiwan, The 95 , 96 , 97/98 is different...
    BMW6 18881A 95' 1600cc
    B6HY 18881 4P 96' 1600cc
    BZT2 18881B 3P 97'/98' 1600cc
    BBTB 18881B 98' 1800cc
    Ford Liata 1.6L --- Mod..
    All P&C Exhaust System,Fedear 205/45/16. WinnerPower 6 Pot Brake System,5MT,A&Z front 6kg/near 4kg Suspension kit......etc...

Comment

Final chapter of the swap... I have fixed the idle air control valve but, now i have o2 sensor problems. That is the bigges problem with the idle...... So i have to get a new rear on and have it welded in.. See with the 97-98 Z5 the 2 o2 sensors were in the front. One of them was a 3 wire sensor and the other a 4 wire sensor. And the 97-98 02 sensors are both 4 wire ones... One in the front and one in the back behind the cat. So i have to get another 4 wire one and weld her in. then, thank god it will over.
      sigpic

Comment

97-98, and 97-98 should be using the same number of wires, same location of sensors. Edit your post, cuz it's confusing (you made a typing mistake).

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
          97-98, and 97-98 should be using the same number of wires, same location of sensors. Edit your post, cuz it's confusing (you made a typing mistake).
          he's talking about 97-98 1.5l compared to 97-98 1.8l.
          Almost there

jdm tails... check
          jdm bumper... check
          ms lip... check
          ms grill... check
          ms sideskirts... check
          ms rear skirts... check
          ms spoiler... check
          ms struts... check

Still trying for a bp swap..:
          Fidanzda 8lb flywheel, ACT HD00, UR Crank Pulley, UR Adj. Cam-Gears, Exh-Intake CamShaft Swap, MS Engine Mounts, Custom CAI, PaceSetter Header, 2.25" in/out-let Magnaflow Cat, 2.25" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust.

Comment

Will a oil cooler do anything good

Will a oil cooler do anything good or it a waste of money

Comment

Now that i have got the BP running as it should (After fixing the 02 sensors). I have started to collect turbo parts. It was a hard decision but i decided to go with a VJ-11 instead of a T28 or VJ-20. I initially wanted to use a VJ-20 ofcourse, because it was made to fit a BP. However i decided against them because they are so damn rare. IF it had a problem it would be nearly impossible to get it fixed or get a new one. It could be done, but that would take months...time you dont have when you have to have a turbo to run your car. I decided against a t28 because of a few things: price, basic design (it doesnt work well with the setup i would like), and highly expensive repairs. So why the VJ-11? after all it was made for a 2.2L mx-6! Well the mx-6 didnt have a head that would flow all too much. My newer BP's head can flow good amounts...meaning my new BP can flow about as much as that old 2.2L, meaning spooling the turbo wont be an issue. (not that it would be anyway with how small it is.) Also for my targeted PSI the vj-11 is perfect, the waste gate is already set for my desired PSI. My main reason though is availability! If one every breaks or i need a new one they are an easy and inexpensive find on ebay. Not to mention they are easily repaired. Finally they will fit my setup perfectly! So i ordered a vj-11 this week... It is in good condition and all. Now i just need to get the rest of the turbo parts...here is a short list

1. VJ-11........Check
              2. DSM intercooler.......check
              3. Fuel Psi gauge.........
              4. Boost gauge............
              5. Air fuel gauge.......... Check
              6. Exhaust manifold....in the mix
              7. Intecooler pipes.....check
              8. Oil lines and cooler....check
              9. Begi FMU..........
              10. Exhaust........ have to wait till kit is installed
              11. DSM diverter valve.
              and a few more minor things

After the kit is installed and running i will begin to save up for a FMIC setup.
              Last edited by OCD-SPEED; 04-15-2004, 09:21 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Attached Files
                sigpic

Comment

Looking good. I can't wait to see the final result. Good luck, man.
                  BTW, what's your target PSI?

Comment

nick,

if i could give my 2 cents, i'd get the EGT instead of the air/fuel gauge. the EGT is more accurate and isn't dependant on voltage compared to the a/f gauge. if you at all see a drop in voltage ie: turning on your a/c or headlights or whatnot, your gauge with give you different reading, possibly giving you a richer reading instead of where you really are.

when we tuned the car we were on the dyno with a wideband o2 sensor. so the a/f gauge barely played a role. if you really want an a/f gauge i'll sell you my autometer cf gauge for relatively cheap. =)

but like i said, spend the cash and get the EGT. =)
                    Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                    FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                    Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

My target is a reasonable 8PSI for now.

As for an air/fuel, i already have one i got for 15 from my friend so no biggie. I just have it for the turbo so i can for see problems. Like if im WOT and under full boost and the gauge goes lean then i know i have problems.(not enough fuel). Useful, but just to catch major problems.
                      sigpic

Comment

*Sigh* yet another problem. My 02 sensors are fixed but the idle is still fubar. Why? The TPS! It is in working order but i found out in order for it to run right it has to be tunned electronically with a dealer tool : (. Damnit i hate dealers. Guess ill have to drop an ass load to get it fixed..........-Holy ****- As i was just typing my damn sisters boyfriend backed into my car..........Nice ****ED UP HOOD NOW!!!!-Whats the deal with the carbon fiber hoods anyway!!!???? ANYWAY SO NOW I HAVE TO GET MY TPS FIXED AND MY HOOD. AGHHH! LET ME GO TO BED BEFORE I KILL SOMEBODY!
                        sigpic

Comment

Here is a pic or two of when i put the engine in. Yeah i know it took forever to post em.
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

DAMN that transaxle is clean. lol
                            2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                              DAMN that transaxle is clean. lol
                              I agree, that whole ****in engine is clean. I wish mine was that good.
                              Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                              BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                              Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Thanks, I took a good amount of time cleaning every little piece. Unfortunately the only way to get an engine that clean is to clean it while its out. BTW it already looks like trash from road dirt and pollen.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X