Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: is a kia driver welcome here?

Originally posted by bp 1.8
    having been to the kia forums, those lame arses are only interested in looking fast and basically being ricers. i dont belong with them.
    i would like to know if i am welcome here, being a kia guy on a mazda board.
    thanks.
    I don't see any reason why you wouldn't be welcome...however, if you think you're getting away from stupid rice crap, I hate to disappoint you.
    [whispers]They're here too[/whispers]

Comment

haing come down with the flu or somthing i havent had energy to do anything usefull on the car.

i appreciate the drawring of the H, that seems like it could be a decent design. i will go out tomorrow and check if a piece of steel tubing can cross the engine bay from tower to tower without needing to be bent.

my flywheel is a stock unit, however it has been machined down to be lighter weight than stock. i also had them shave the pressure plate mounting points down as much as possible to facilitate clutch holding force.

anyone around south florida and want to do some dirt rallycross?
      its really fun.
      find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

cool cool
        have you ever ran your kia at a track? or an autocross course??

Comment

funny thing. I got my transmission from a Kia that looked just like his .. The G-tranny ..
          Bruce
          photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

welcome my friend..
            looking at my engine bay, i noticed something, our "after market" strut bars are typically bent.. main reason being is the master cylinder sits RIGHT between the two strut towers.. if you had a straight bar, you'd be **** out of luck trying to open the resivior.. it's almost IMPOSSIBLE for me to get the damn cap off to top the son of a bitch off as is.. might not want to do a straigh line of site between the towers without a bend.. either that or relocate the master cylinder ?? i dunno if that can even be done. good luck
            peace

Comment

i went out there and lined a couple things up today.
              for one thing, using an H bar, i would still have to bend the top bar to clear the engine.
              so weither i go with an X or an H it will be about the same ammount of work.
              then i noticed there isnt a single solid place near the air box to weld the bar. so im not sure now if an X or H would even help at all. on the passenger side, by the power steering resivor, there is a place for a solid mount though.
              whatever i do though, the front bracing will be removable, because how else would i work on the engine? i will weld brackets to the ends of each tube, so that i can bolt the brackets (and consiquently the tubing) in place, and unbolt them.

i made a diagram of an X system. but the problem of no good place to mount it on the drivers side by the airbox plagues the X brace and the H brace.

what am i to do?
              go with a conventional stile brace using only a single tube joining the shocktowers?
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bp 1.8

what am i to do?
                go with a conventional stile brace using only a single tube joining the shocktowers?
                it would be better than going with out. I'd love to rally-x but I don't think the uber stiff suspension on my MSP would appreciate it. also my potenza's would be about useless but lets chill sometime. come to tower shops this friday if you can. I'll be there, short, fat, white guy with a laser blue MSP. I'll be there between 7-10pm

Comment

The X and the box or H braces just aren't doing it for me. I like the triangled brace better that ties into the firewall.
                  Quote from eBay
                  "with no knowlege of cars.he,armed only with the skills of an 18th century blacksmith,removed the front axles and wheel bearings,damaging both in the process"

Comment

welcome man! beautiful modification list
                    One day you are born,
                    The next big milestone
                    you discover go zoom-zoom
                    you can't get enough!

Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!!!

This car refuses to die! By TheMAN

Comment

the triangle looks sexy, really. but it wont clear the bp intake manifold :\

for now i shall leave the front end alone perhaps, and focus on other things. i cant come up with a SOLID front brace.

Comment

Working...
                      X