• Time
  • Show
Clear All

what'd u use?
    a sticker for the zoom?
    and then tint? or just black paint
    | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

VHT Nite Shades. I took a font from MS Word 2003 in wordart and made it about 5.25" x 1.5", printed it out, laid down some masking tape on the lens, traced "ZOOM" with a sharpie so it bled through onto the tape, then used a razor blade to cut out the letters.

I don't really want the lens completely blacked out, just dark tint.

It's on the inside of the lens, by the way. If that makes a difference to you, lol.
      Last edited by irishkev90; 03-08-2010, 06:05 PM.

Comment

F**K. Well that project is over. the tint bled under the tape and now it's all f***ed up. Unless someone knows a good way to get tint off the lens. Need to get a new one and next time I'll tint the outside, not the inside Maybe I'll just used black paint next time too, instead of layers and layers of tint, ugh.

(sitting on a lava lamp base)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by irishkev90; 03-09-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

go to the hardware store
          and get some "grafiti remover"; it's used to take grafiti off walls and what not;
          works like a charm

the one by goof off is the one i usually use

Comment

Thanks man, I'll deffinitely try that.

Comment

Well before going out and buying new stuff I hunted around the garage. Found some grafitti remover, didn't do anything. Oven cleaner, nada. Brake parts cleaner, worked on the flat part, but not the circular ridges. Then I though, hey, if brake fluid is really bad for your paint, why not try that? Well, that didn't do a damn thing either. Gosh this crap is stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                Well before going out and buying new stuff I hunted around the garage. Found some grafitti remover, didn't do anything. Oven cleaner, nada. Brake parts cleaner, worked on the flat part, but not the circular ridges. Then I though, hey, if brake fluid is really bad for your paint, why not try that? Well, that didn't do a damn thing either. Gosh this crap is stubborn.
                should of just left it how it was :\
                NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Should have, but too late now. Currently dropped that project for the moment and working on some rust in the trunk.

Comment

Took all the trim out of the trunk, took the tail lights out and the bumper off. Shook my head and put it all back on. The rear passenger panel is deffinitely a replacement, it's black on the inside while the driver's side is painted. Must have been a cheap job too, I now have holes in the well where the jack is supposed to be and I had to throw out the jack and lug wrench due to rust. The jack wouldn't budge and the wrench was so rusted it didn't even fit the lugs anymore.

Comment

lol "goof off"

I want to get some just I can tell people I'm goofing off.

Comment

What do you guys suggest for plug wires for these cars? I'll be going with NGK Iridium IX plugs and was wondering if there's certain wires anyone recommends.

Comment

ngk is fine; change ur plugs while ur at it.

if your looking for stuff to change..maintenance wise.. look into doing the cap and rotor as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
                            ngk is fine; change ur plugs while ur at it.

if your looking for stuff to change..maintenance wise.. look into doing the cap and rotor as well.
                            All in good time, lol. I got the plugs today, haven't had a chance to get them in though and I'm down to my last $60 and it has to last me til next friday. I have a job starting on tuesday, $9.56/hour for 8 hours a day, 4 days a week. Only temporary though, 6 weeks. Doing the math though, that's almost $1900 (before taxes ). Then I'll be working the summer in Lake George at like $8 an hour, if that. Though I was thinking about trying to find another Protege, same year, but with less rust. Then it occured to me, I live in upstate New York, EVERY car has rust. I guess my funds are going to go to body repair more than anything else and my dad doesn't think this car is worth working on, though he did say if it lasts through summer we can get it repainted. Which means doing body work anyway. Let's see if he keeps his word

Wow, that was a bit of a ramble, lol.

Comment

Taylor® thundervolt wires = good stuff's both me & therieldeal run them
                              ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                              he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

NGK, recommended by the factory I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X