Right polished, left isn't
    -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
    VF10 powered!
    262 Whp & 257 Wtq
    13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

i decided to clean my headlights, i used Crest Pro-health toothpaste, Spray Nine and Glass Clear.

I took a clean towel and applied a good amount of toothpaste and let it sit for a minute, then i sprayed on spray nine and went to work scrubbing hard and when it was clean i sprayed the glass clear on and i repeated this twice and i can actually see inside the housings now.
      pics below
      Attached Files
      NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Originally posted by firelizard View Post
        1.8L or 1.5L brakes?
        1.5L. The passenger side is seized so I figured I'd just replace it all. Going to do the rears also, but the drums are around $50 each, plus shoes. They're not immediate need of changing though so they can wait til the next paycheck. These will go on next Sunday, hopefully. I've got stuff to do today and I work 2-10 Monday-Saturday.

Comment

both or your headlights look nothing like what they should look like after a cleaning.

wedsand those things.. don't be scareddd.
          | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

I used this

I think like $20 at Walmart, makes them look brand spankin' new. Actually just polished them up a few days ago. Works miracles. 500 grit (yellow) then 800 grit (white) then wetsand with 3000 grit (gray) then use 3M rubbing compound with the orange buffing pad. I did two or three passes with each pad on each headlight. My mom thought I ordered new headlights after she saw it, lol.
            Last edited by irishkev90; 03-29-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

i remember doing that when i first got my car;
              scary part was right before you apply the wax, the headlights look all hazy and your thinking you just screwed up your headlights.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
                both or your headlights look nothing like what they should look like after a cleaning.

for 5 minutes and $0 its good enough for me. haha
                -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                VF10 powered!
                262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post

if this comment was for me then i wud like to say that i have done every thing i can on the outside and its like gritty on the inside idk. maybe in the summer or something ill take them out and use the hair dryer, as for visibility . i see about the same maybe even better than my mom's scion XA at night .

Comment

it was to both of you;

but if your satisfied, and you believe your output is at a good state; then who am i to criticize.

Comment

well today i went to autozone and bought, Throttle body cleaner, Brake parts cleaner and meguiers hot shine for tires, I took off the black rubber intake tube and sprayed the cleaner into the throttle body and black liquid began to come out, i cleaned it with a rag then opened the flap and sprayed a little in there. now to handle my squeeky brakes, i sprayed the cleaner all on my rotors and caliper. i took a spin around the neighborhood and the brakes make no sound and the intake is a little louder with better gas reponse. Overall it was a good day. AND i changed my map lights and dome lights to LEDs.

Comment

put in some of these in my city lights.
                        pretttttttty bright

Comment

Nice. I got purple ones (Nokya as well) but I never got around to wiring them up...

Comment

their pretty good; i shud be getting some nokya 1157's as well.
                            i have yellow coated ones right now, but they still seem sort of amber when lit.

edit: how did u plan on hooking them up?; i never really looked at the DIY kitty posted. but i pretty much tapped my marker lights; so every time i flick the switch once.. they come on with my corner lights etc

Comment

Painted new calipers, painted wiper arms. Waiting for everythings to dry then I'm getting started on taking the old brake stuff off.

:UPDATE: Got everything on the car. Wiper arms look brandy new with a nice semi-gloss finish. I think it was 2 layers of primer and 3 layers of black. Well, 3 layers of primer 4 layers of black because my dad knocked them down and I had to touch them up. Painted the calipers a boring black just because no ones going to see them behind the steelies. New calipers on, new rotors on, new semi-metallic pads in. Pedal still goes down to the floor though. Car stops fine for now, I'll have to re-bleed them tomorrow though. All in all, a good days work.
                              Last edited by irishkev90; 04-03-2010, 04:11 PM.

Comment

i hosed off about 4 days worth of pollen off of my car and gonna race my cousins 07 corolla S wit intake, hopefully ill keep up haha .

Comment

Working...
                                X