Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same color as my interior lol as long as the red lens is there it doesnt really matter tho. and yea i can pay, probably by check tho if that's alright.

no update on the new car yet. my 2nd choice is an mx3.
    Last edited by irishkev90; 04-06-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

get another prooooooooooooooo!
      | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

im tryiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnggg, lol

:UPDATE: the ad apparently expired so i doubt i'm getting the car. and there are virtually NO 2.5 gen proteges around here for sale. the only ones that are for sale are automatic DX's, ew. gonna keep searching though.
        Last edited by irishkev90; 04-07-2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

I changed brake pads front and rear
          Mazda 323f BA GT

Comment

Hopefully ordering an Alpine PDX-F4 amp soon, as soon as the seller answers my question. 100W x 4 channels. Class D. Very clean and sleek design. I'll finally be able to give my Alpine speakers the power they deserve.

Comment

nice amp, what are you powering again?
              and that's an expensive amp, i assume your picking it up for a good price.

Comment

Relatively good price i think. Crutchfield has it listed for $500 and Alpine has it for $550. Ebay has it for around $400. I have Alpine Type-S 6.5" components up front, I think 80W RMS, and Alpine Type-S 6x9" 3-ways out back, I think 85W RMS. Right now they are powered by my JVC headunit, around 20W RMS. I know the amp is a little overkill for these speakers, but hey, I like it and it's what I want. Plus I have some headroom if I ever want to, and possibly will, upgrade my speakers. I don't think I'll be putting any subs in though. The 6x9s pump out enough bass as it is. I would probably upgrade to Alpine Type-R 6.5" components up front, 110W RMS, and Type-R 6x9" 2ways rear, 100W RMS, at some point to really take advantage of the amp. Alpine also has Type-X series speakers, but they are rediculously expensive and handle about as much as the Type-R's.
                Last edited by irishkev90; 04-09-2010, 09:38 AM.

Comment

you just keep saying you don't want a sub,
                  until you get one.. you will completely change your mind.
                  for that 400$ i say don't bother upgrading your interior.

you can get a descent sub/amp/box combo for that price...
                  and later on.. amplify your interiors.

Comment

[Off topic] ^^ nice sig pic.

Comment

I don't really want any premade, box enclosures though. I have a sub system all planned out if I ever do decide to go that route. 2 Alpine Type-R 10" DVC, mounted seperately (one in each corner of the trunk, behind tail lights), fiberglass enclosures to keep them out of the way as I do use my trunk. And probably an Alpine PDX monoblock to run the subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Pox View Post
                        [Off topic] ^^ nice sig pic.
                        thankkkkkks

Originally posted by irishkev90 View Post
                        I don't really want any premade, box enclosures though. I have a sub system all planned out if I ever do decide to go that route. 2 Alpine Type-R 10" DVC, mounted seperately (one in each corner of the trunk, behind tail lights), fiberglass enclosures to keep them out of the way as I do use my trunk. And probably an Alpine PDX monoblock to run the subs.
                        don't do it, i had one 10" type r in a custom box last summer..
                        little fiberglass structures may sounds good.. but you'll be killling the sub
                        alpine specs says to have a box to about 1.25 cubic feet or something retarded like that.. it sounded like crap.
                        i have proper specs for 1 10" type r...and it Rockford in my protege.
                        no lies people were convinced it was either a big 12 i had in there.. or 2 10's

Comment

Yeah, I've read that the Type-R's are deffinitely one of the best subs for the money, beating larger and more expensive subs. But the truth now is that I'll have to wait until the car is at least drivable before I'm going to do anything. No sense in pumping up the sound system if I'm going to be listening to it on jackstands for however long it's going to be there, haha.

Comment

yeahh, let me know whenever your ready to build a box, i can probs whip you up some descent specs to make it hit hard.

Comment

Will do, deffinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
                                I have B&G Lowering springs that are missing about 2.5 coils
                                and highly modified KYG GR2's

slammmed to ****s
                                but rides like stock just stiffer.
                                no crazy bouncing of that sort
                                great combo
                                Did you cut the rod on them?
                                1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X