Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I put my 3" intake back on. Haven't had the time to do anything with the 2.5". Also have to get the car towed to a shop to redo the brake lines. I guess we have to drop the gas tank in order to get to where we need to, and can't do that very well with the car only on jack stands. another week of driving my dad's Ram 1500. 5.7 HEMI with a whopping 12.3mpg. And I don't know what he did, but the sound system sucks.

Comment

that sucks. But a least the RAM has more balls than the pro..lol
      -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
      VF10 powered!
      262 Whp & 257 Wtq
      13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Hell yeah! I forgot about that the other day and went to take off from a red light and just sat there spinning the tires, hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
          Did you cut the rod on them?

it's not as simple as just cutting the shaft because then that would simply just blow the strut after one bounce.

we have a machine that lengthens the threads and modifies the strut so that it is just like stock except the upper mount sits lower. therefore you keep the same compression but your slammed.
          | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Just got my paint. Going to do a test sample tomorrow if it's nice to see how it matches. Also got an email about the amp. Should be here on Thursday. Cheapest I found it was $350, better than the $500 that Crutchfield and Alpine wanted.

Comment

what amp you getting for 350? im getting a rockford fosgate p4004 with a 10'sub for 350
              Mazda Protege 1998 LX 1.8 AT.
              it look like a green turd with wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ni_tricksta View Post
                it's not as simple as just cutting the shaft because then that would simply just blow the strut after one bounce.

we have a machine that lengthens the threads and modifies the strut so that it is just like stock except the upper mount sits lower. therefore you keep the same compression but your slammed.
                Isn't that the same thing since you're just moving the strut nut further down the rod lol?
                1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

Bumpin myself

Originally posted by Beerizfood View Post
                  Got to spend some time on the car pc screen.
                  Its close to being ready to install the screen.
                  I gave it a shot of primer to see where it still needs work.
                  The pc is almost ready to install,I decided to put the ROM under the screen
                  A little more finishing and i will be happy.
                  Im moving the hazard switch to the existing array left of the steering column.
                  Test fitting in the car went well thus far.The DVD is in a tray and can be removed/replaced if needed.Its pretty fugly from the back but who cares ;-)
                  Attached Files
                  Powered by ACME

Comment

Well i was commin back from work today i had the heat on 1 and i went to take off slowly from a light and my alternator belt started to squeek so i turn off heat and took foot off gas and then pressed it again then the belt made a weird noise and sounded like it chunked up or something then came off, CHARGE - + light came on and i pulled over. OH ****! theres no belt so i continued driving and my car started to heat up alot so i turned into the mcdonalds/gasstation near my house and unscrewed the radiator cap and poured ice water into the coolant resivor . waited about 30 mins going back and forth to fill up on ice water at the handy dandy mcdonalds.

The protege started! i went back inside to fill up the huge cup with ice water if anything. still had about 3 miles to home , made it home with my temperature gauge almost on H . so i quickly shut off the POS Z5 and opened the hood, smoke and steam everywhere. unscrewed the rad. cap and filled the resivior with ice water again. now she sits until tomorrow when i really get to see what happened and i will go and buy another belt and install it and a new CONE air filter because radiatior coolant went all over mine so ima get the big filter. Well i will update tomorrow. SORRY FOR THE BOOK !
                    NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
                      Isn't that the same thing since you're just moving the strut nut further down the rod lol?

it's not that simple..

remember, the upper mount sit on a groove and can't pass that point.. so it need to be modified to sit lower as well as extending the threads from the top
                      | Ejaz | '98 Protegé | '02 Protegé5 |

Comment

Originally posted by jarredjoffe View Post
                        what amp you getting for 350? im getting a rockford fosgate p4004 with a 10'sub for 350
                        From what I found on crutchfield your Rockford Fasgate amp is a class A/B putting out 50W RMS x 4 channels. I'm getting an Alpine PDX-F4 amp. Class D, puts out 100W RMS x 4 channels. Also, Class D amps can be smaller, but put out more power than a Class A/B. The Alpine is about the size of a stack of printer paper. The Rockford Fosgate is larger because it's Class A/B. I'm not sure about the input/output layout on the RF but the PDX-F4 has all that on one side for a cleaner look, which is something I like. Though, Any installation can look nice depending on how much work is put into it. I'm probably going to decide against a sub because the 6x9's put out enough bass just off the headunit. Rattles my mirrors real nice, haha.

Comment

the amp is p400-4, my bad. i have the rockford 3-way 6x9s already, they kick ass. every person who has stepped out my car has asked to see my subs, n i say there are none its the rf's. the measurements for the amp are 2.25 x 7.625 x 13.02 (in). and it looks fantastic. correct me if im wrong, but i was under the impression that class d amps are 'cheap' bass, big sound, for little time.
                          Mazda Protege 1998 LX 1.8 AT.
                          it look like a green turd with wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by k00lball3r View Post
                            Well i was commin back from work today i had the heat on 1 and i went to take off slowly from a light and my alternator belt started to squeek so i turn off heat and took foot off gas and then pressed it again then the belt made a weird noise and sounded like it chunked up or something then came off, CHARGE - + light came on and i pulled over. OH ****! theres no belt so i continued driving and my car started to heat up alot so i turned into the mcdonalds/gasstation near my house and unscrewed the radiator cap and poured ice water into the coolant resivor . waited about 30 mins going back and forth to fill up on ice water at the handy dandy mcdonalds.

The protege started! i went back inside to fill up the huge cup with ice water if anything. still had about 3 miles to home , made it home with my temperature gauge almost on H . so i quickly shut off the POS Z5 and opened the hood, smoke and steam everywhere. unscrewed the rad. cap and filled the resivior with ice water again. now she sits until tomorrow when i really get to see what happened and i will go and buy another belt and install it and a new CONE air filter because radiatior coolant went all over mine so ima get the big filter. Well i will update tomorrow. SORRY FOR THE BOOK !
                            NEVER EVER open a hot radiator, pour ice water into a hot engine, or drive with the temp needle on H. pouring cold water into a hot engine can crack the block or head. Happened on my old 240sx. the other 2 should be obvious why you shouldn't do them..
                            -Steve

94' Protege < Worklog<SOLD!
                            VF10 powered!
                            262 Whp & 257 Wtq
                            13.1@107

'02 Suzuki Bandit 600s

Comment

Well, I know that Class D amps are the most efficient compared to A or A/B. I'm sure that the different classes have advantages and disadvantages in different situations, I'm just not sure exactly what. But hey, as long as it works and is something you like that's all that matters. Honestly, I just wanted a (almost) complete Alpine system and didn't like the look of the other amps. The only thing that's not Alpine is my headunit, JVC, which will stay that way. I like it, plus I can't find any other with the same features for a reasonable price.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                NEVER EVER open a hot radiator, pour ice water into a hot engine, or drive with the temp needle on H. pouring cold water into a hot engine can crack the block or head. Happened on my old 240sx. the other 2 should be obvious why you shouldn't do them..
                                i did open it but only turning it open 1/4 of a turn, i heard pressure and i backed away. when i didnt hear anything i turned it again until it was open then unscrewed it all the way and nothing happened. idk about the ice water ill c if my block or heads messed up tomoro. i didnt drive with the needle on H , as soon as i saw it creeping up to H i pulled over and i was 10 secs from my house and it was on h so i gave it a lil throttle to get up the hill and quickly stopped and turned it off .
                                NO longer owns a 96 protege!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X